chapter fourty five

"seven!!" peter exclaimed as he ran towards the body of his friend. she was in the far corner of the room, clutching to her stomach, her left leg was limp as she looked up to the sound of her friend's voice. "peter," she whispered, her voice barely audible from afar. but with peter's super hearing, he could hear a cry for help. "ned? analyse her," peter said as he knelt down to hold her hand as he took a good look. it had been two months since he saw her face to face. the past two months must have been a torture for her.

"she can walk with some help, but we have to get her fixed up quick," ned said as he showed him through the screen of her pressure points. she was broken everywhere. "this is gonna hurt, but we have to go okay?" peter said, squeezing her hand. seven nodded and gritted her teeth as peter helped her up.

she gave him hand signals on where to go next, out of the maze of rooms. peter couldn't believe that they were this deep into the ends of the market. as they reached the entrace, both of them heard sounds coming from the back. they whipped around to see a guard aiming right at them.

as quickly as he could, peter dodged it with seven. he webbed the person up before picking seven up from the ground. they inched out of the shelter as quickly as they could, before heading to their hideout on a deserted road. "thank you," seven whispered as peter held her tight. he looked over his shoulder, ensuring there was no one behind them. "you're welcome," peter smiled under his mask. seven sent a code through the bracelet too, which said thank you to ned and mj.

as they reached the end of the road, seven felt herself losing consciousness. she warned peter as she slipped out of his grasp. "what's wrong?" peter asked as she slumped against a pillar, breathing deep breaths. she hesitated and uncovered her hand to show that the bullet went through her stomach. she was bleeding profusely and peter didn't even realise.

"why didn't you tell me! okay, okay," he took a deep breath too and stopped the blood with his web fluids before picking her up bridal style and webbing their way as quickly as he could to their hideout.

"you're gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay. not gonna lose you. just you and me. just you and me."

THE BUDAPEST HIDEOUT

peter placed seven in one of the bedrooms and mj went to work. her mum works as a nurse, just like aunt may did. she taught mj everything she needed to know about emergency care, making her as good as any nurse would be.

seven was silent as mj helped treat her wounds. she was able to stitch seven back together with the help of hospital grade tools and local anesthesia, but kept the bullet in for the time being. for the most part, seven was seen gritting her teeth and clutching tightly to the sheets on the side of the table.

"he'll be here in five hours," ned said in a low tone as he and peter watched the girls. "uncle clint?" peter turned to ned and asked, "when did you call him?" ned sighed, "when we saw seven on the surveilance cameras..." peter nodded grimly and looked at the app on his phone. clint was on route to budapest.

"done," mj said softly as she passed seven a clean set of clothes to change into. "thanks," seven hissed as she sat up with the help of mj.

five hours later.

clint entered the house with a look of worry in his eyes. he was afraid of what seven was going to look like. he received the message she sent: thank you, which meant she was out.

"where is she?" he asks as peter opened the door. the spiderling guided his uncle to the room across the bathroom. he opened the door slightly and looked at clint. "gosh," clint sighed as he rushed to seven's side. mj, who was talking to seven, stood up and left, leaving clint and seven alone to talk. "uncle clint," seven exasperated, giving clint a tight hug.

"i don't know why i don't feel more at ease," peter said as he slumped against the couch. mj sat beside him and sighed, "me too. she's gonna take a long while to heal." "and the avengers are gonna bombard her with a million questions," ned said, sitting across them.

as if they called for them, peter's phone rang. tony daddy stark is calling. peter blushed and picked it up. "hey- peter... where are you?" tony asked as he saw peter's background.

"i'm in our hotel room!" peter exclaimed, "but i gotta go dad... we have uh- a tour happening right now! bye!" and he hung up on tony. "woah that was savage," ned said, looking at peter who was standing awkwardly.

in the room, clint was trying to talk to seven.

"how are you feeling?" he asked, sitting on the bed close to seven. "'m okay, just really really tired," she says, forcing a smile, "how's... natasha and dr stephen?" clint took in a deep breath, "well... they've been really worried. tony hasn't been able to find out anything about your location, making everyone worry even more." seven nodded her head, "i wouldn't be surprised."

clint observed seven for awhile, noticing where her wounds were at and the way it got on her skin. "widows," he said under his breath. "hmm?" seven gave him a confused look. "do you know who did this to you? or kidnapped... you in a sense?" he asked. "you look like you're on to something," she replied the latter, wincing as she sat up. "budapest. natasha and i did a mission here together ages ago - to destroy dreykov and the red room entirely. it would help natasha pledge full allegiance to shield. more recently... she discovered the red room was never destroyed and dreykov wasn't dead. neither was her daughter. natasha came back from that mission with similar scars as you did."

"huh... the red room," seven thought about it. she knew natasha was from the red room, but had close to zero affiliations with it. clint stood up and left the room for a moment, leaving seven to think.

"let's go," he says, telling the kids they should head back to the tower, "we need to go, now."