chapter fourty one

breaking news @ midtown
the trip to the stark tower will be
postponed due to unforseen circumstances.

"well that sucks," ned shrugged. "do tell," peter replied nonchalantly. knowing what the 'unforseen circumstance' was didn't help with anything either. they walked through the school doors together in silence, thinking of a plan to find their friend. they went to their first class: chemistry.

peter took out his laptop from his backpack and switched it on, a photo of his three best friends and him was the first thing he saw, making him sigh. it was during midtown's first home game two months ago...

seven reappeared in school out of nowhere, surprising ned and mj. she was in her usual hoodie and loose jeans, hiding all the scars and bruises she had. "hey!" mj exclaimed and gave her a tight hug, causing her to wince in pain, but she hid it with a wide smile, "you watching the game tonight?" seven looked at her, confused, "what game?"

see, neither of seven's friends were extremely into sports, as far as she could tell, and being out of school for a month made it felt like she lived under a rock for years. seven though, had a hiden talent for sports. maybe it's because of her powers, maybe it's all in her head, but she definitely has some skills. so, when mj said that there would be a game tonight, she couldn't miss it at all.

after class, the four friends decided to get some tacos (since it was taco tuesday) and finish their homework at ned's house (because it was the closest to school) before heading to watch the game.

it was an amazing game, and at the end of it they took pictures to commemorate the day. happy drove off with peter and waited at the usual side curb to pick up seven, who was jogging to meet them after saying goodbye to mj and ned.

"when are we going to stop doing this?" happy rolled his eyes as seven got in. "well..." peter looked at seven and she shrugged. peter laughed which made happy shake his head in disapproval. this kids get on his nerves, but he's thankful for them.

"ned! peter!"

from the corner of the crowded walkway, peter saw a figure hopping up and down, running towards them. he squinted his eyes to see, and realised who it was.

"mj!" peter exclaimed and all three of them squeezed their way through to a corner of the hallway as the rest of the students went to their classes. mj was trying hard to catch her breath, holding on to a bunch of paper and leaning against the lockers. she took in a deep breath before saying.

"i found a way to find her."