chapter one - who is she?

"mr stark, mr stark, mr stark!" peter rushed into the avengers tower to meet tony, practically yelling and screaming his name all the way down to the lab.

"okay i got it kid, you missed me. but what's with the excitement?" tony said, looking away from his work and at the teen standing in front of him, his curls standing up at random places, his checkered flannel and science pun shirt. gosh, this kid is amazing.

"there's- there's this new kid, and i mean new, she just came in a week ago, and she's- she's different! i don't know what's different but i can pick it up. and it's weird i-" "oKaY slow down," tony stopped peter from blurting out words too quickly. he couldn't understand anything he was saying.

"i haven't got her name. but she's in almost every class that i'm in, and i have all my classes except for calculus and language today. it's weird. it's kind of like she's trying to grab my attention, but everytime i turn to look at her she's doing her own stuff," peter rubbed his neck subconsciously as he spoke, "mj said she knows her though. i might ask her for her name." tony thought about it for a moment. who was this girl that wanted to grab peter parker's attention? is she just a normal kid?

"is she like... superhero different? or ooh it's a girl type of different?" tony questioned the spiderling. "cOmE oN mR StArk! of course it's the first one," peter flared his arms around. "oh yes, we both know you like mj-" tony coughed, but got a smack on the shoulder by peter, who's cheeks were as red as cherry tomatoes.

"anyway, i can't do anything for now. if she's superhero different, then you have to tell me in what way, and specifically what type of superpowers you think she has. but for one, i need her name, okay?" tony said as he ruffled the kid's hair.

"o-okay mr stark," peter said, before pointing finger guns at him as he walked up the steps back to his room.

peter pArkEr
hey mj i need your help

mj ✨
peter parker needs my help?

peter pArkEr
yeah i do. pleasee?

mj ✨
can't say no to a superhero. what's up dork?

peter pArkEr
rmb that new girl that you talked to?

mj ✨
seven? yeah.

peter pArkEr
seven? like the number seven? that's her name?

mj ✨
nah don't think so. but that's what she told me when i asked her. the teacher's call her seven, you heard it in class too.

peter pArkEr
o-okay then. thanks mj (:

mj ✨
my pleasure, dork.

"hey kid, dinner's ready." tony stepped into peter's lab. well, it used to be one of his smaller labs, but he gave it to peter, since the kid had so many inventions and prototypes.

"ye-yeah i'm coming, mr st- tony," peter said, internally face palming as he got a glare from his mentor. he got up and kept his things, while tony looked through the kid's prototypes. "oh yeah, i kinda got her name", peter said as he kept his pencil case in his bag.

"who's name?" tony asked, staring intently at the prototype.

"the girl? superhero different?" peter looked at tony as he picked his bag up. "oh yes! that girl. what's her name then?" tony looked at peter, then led him to the elevator and up to the kitchen. "seven," peter said.

tony turned to him in disbelief, "seven? like the number seven? that's her name?" peter shrugged, telling him what mj knew.

"okay? i'll look it up anyway, might find something," stark said, grabbing plates and laying them down, bracing himself for the arrival of Earth's mightiest heroes.