Bridal Rehearsal

Neha's POV (Flashback)

I was upset when I learnt that Arjun went to California without telling me. I was happy nothing happened to him and he didn't go to India. I know I am no one to Arjun. Don't even know why I expected Arjun to inform me about his whereabouts. Still my heart ached. I went home crying all the while driving and ran to my room.

After sometime got call from my friend Em(Emily)

"Hi Neha darling , Are you ready?" she asked

I had no clue about what she is asking

"What" I asked

"Seriously Neha? Do you even remember I'm getting married this tuesday ?" she shouted

Then it clicked. Me ,Em's sister and her cousin are her braidsmaids. We all decided to dress up, check the dresses on video call today at noon. Her sister and cousin are with her. I'm supposed to there on Monday. Her wedding is on Tuesday. How can I forget?

"I'm sorry Em , I forgot " I apologised sincerely in my cracked voice due to crying for long. I tried to hide but failed miserably

"Its ok call me on google meet , we 3 are ready" she said in calm voice. Maybe she thought its one my issues with my mom.

"Give me 20 min Em" I said and cut the call. I don't want her to see me like this. My eyes are red and swollen. I washed my face applied light make up brushed my hair and changed into braidsmaid dress

I don't spend hours getting ready

I don't spend hours getting ready. I look presentable. I hope she doesn't ask details .

Then I joined the google meet. She looked so beautiful, perfect like an angel in white. 

Em's sister and cousin looked flawless

Em's sister and cousin looked flawless. Our outfits were perfect. 

Then I cut the call saying there is technical problem. I don't want Em to see me like this. She can easily make out from my voice. She doesn't need to worry about me in her happy moments.

Em called me after half an hour. 

"Neha! I talked to your mom. You are coming here today itself"

"What? She agreed ?" I shouted

"I convinced her and she arranged private flight for you. She will talk to you any moment" she said

"But Em I didn't pack anything . How will I come today?" 

"From when do you take days to pack? I know you . Don't come up with silly excuses. You are coming here today, that's it" she said in stern voice

I don't want her to see me upset. Otherwise I would have been on cloud 9 to go to her wedding before itself. I tried to convince mom to let me go before one week. She said "feel happy that I'm sending one day before"

Don't know what magic Em did to convince mom. I will try to come out of Arjun's thoughts and have good time with Em and make memorable moments at her wedding.

"Thank you Em. I will be there" I said happily

"That's my girl, see you in few" Em said 

I got call from mom saying I can go to Miami today and she arranged flight in 2 hours. I packed everything and got ready in 1 hour. I already packed all the essentials needed for the wedding last week itself so it was cake walk.

The flight landed in Miami evening. Mom arranged car to drop me at Em's place. I was excited to see her after 2 months. Em and Eddie(Edward) planned to get married after graduation. Em's pregnancy was confirmed last month and wanted to get married before delivery. Their parents took care of all the wedding arrangements. 

Em was excited to see me. After meeting her parents and family she took me to guest room.

"Freshen up and come downstairs, will be waiting for you" she said 

I went downstairs after sometime, had dinner with her family. Her parents retired to their room early. Em excused ourselves from her other family and took me to her garden. It was so beautiful with lots of flowering plants. We sat in swing decorated with lights.

"Now tell me darling what's bothering you?" she asked looking directly into my eyes