Chapter 45

Arjun's POV (Flashback)

By the time we  reached Miami it was late night as the flight journey was 4 hours and 3 hours time gap between California and Miami. It's so frustrating. There is nothing I can do. We checked into hotel. I was tired considering the fact that I came from India 3 days back, work load and no sleep at all last night. Still I don't feel like sleeping. I just want to see my Sweety. Nothing matters now. Karthik threatened me if I don't sleep now, he wouldn't take me to Sweety. Having no choice I went to bed.

I got to see my Sweety which was a dream come true, she seems to have feelings for me which I couldn't even dare to dream. Tomorrow I can meet her, express my love which I have been hiding for the past 6 years. My heart calmed down after I realized these things and don't know when I dozed off.

Next morning I woke up to Karthik's voice. He is on phone with someone telling" yeah they both are idiots. I will give you a call as soon as wakes up. Thank you Emily. Bye"

"You are awake. Why didn't you wake me up? Let's go meet Sweety" I said

"Good morning to you too Arjun. You are awesome man! People should learn how to propose a girl from you" he said sarcastically looking at me from top to bottom as if I was alien.

It's then I realized my stupidity, I want to propose love of my life and here I'm instead of making it special I want to run to her from bed to propose. I laughed at my stupidity 

"Now that you are in senses, Let me tell you, Emily called. She wants to talk to you" he said

"Who is Emily? Why does she want to talk to me?" I asked

" Who are you ? Where is my Arjun? What did you do to him? " karthik questioned me

" What's wrong with you Karthik? I'm dying to talk to my Sweety and you ask me to speak to some Emily and you are joking too when I ask who is she" 

He hit his head with palm and said " whose wedding is going on here Arjun? Don't you even know the bride's name. Now I got it, you heard nothing but your girl is in Miami. Emily is Neha friend and it her wedding. The great genius Arjun became dumbo.You are totally whipped man " he teased

He is true, nothing registered in my mind except Sweety and Miami. I smiled sheepishly 

He called Emily and put the phone on speaker.

Karthik ( K ) : hi Emily. He is awake. I put phone on speaker, talk to him

Emily ( E ) : hi Arjun. How are you

Arjun ( A) : hi Emily. I'm fine. Congratulations on your wedding.

E : Thank you Arjun. Do you love Neha sincerely?

A : I love her. She is the only girl in my life. For the past 6 years I'm dying to meet her and express my love. I wish she loves me

E : I'm so happy Arjun. My friend got her love. She loves you, only you from the past 6 years. She told few months back when we played truth or dare that she loves a guy from 6 years and don't have any hope of meeting him ever again. I was sad that my friend couldn't get her love.

Last night she told everything that happened between you two in the past and now. I felt you too love her but hearing from you gave me relief. You can't imagine my happiness. Neha is a pure soul. She deserves nothing but happiness. I always curse god for not giving happy family for her.

Thank you so much Arjun. Please keep her happy( emotionally )

A : Thank you Emily for being there for my Sweety. I love her more than my life. I promise to I keep her happy as long as I live. I would like to propose to her today itself, can't wait. Can you please give me some idea.

E : (after thinking for a while)——————-(muted)

A & K : Thank you Emily. See you evening