Chapter 23

Arjun's POV

My marriage is fixed with my sister-in-law's sister , Siri . She is perfect for my family but I couldn't forget Sweety . I'm very depressed . To overcome that I busied myself in work . I hardly see anyone at home . I'm scared they might find out me being sad . Ravi asked several times if I'm really ok with marriage but I said yes . 

To clear his doubts I said " I'm trying to finish all the work so that I could have free time during and after marriage ."

I'm not even talking to my fiancé . I know she might feel bad but I cant let her see me like this . I didn't even go to select engagement ring . She might doubt about me being not interested in this marriage . I called her and apologized and promised I shall spend time with her after marriage . I promised myself not to hurt Siri after marriage . 

My mom arranged some prayer for me and Siri at temple .Dad , mom and Megha left early to make arrangements . Me and Ravi went to take Siri with us . 

I was shocked when Siri introduced Sweety as her friend . She too was shocked but was quick to recover . 

" You wanted to scold and even hit him , why are you silent now " Ravi said to Siri

She controlled her emotions  well and said " Hi Arjun , nice to finally meet you "  stretching her hand . I lost words .

" Arjun , are you scared that I would hit you ? Don't worry , you are safe for now but I would do if you hurt Siri in anyway . Remember I have blackbelt " she  said smiling but seriously . I could clearly see her love for Siri .

" Hi Neha " I said trying hard to smile

" Ravi , can you drive the car , I have headache " I said knowing I'm not in a state to drive 

" Ok Arjun but you can directly say that you want to sit with Siri instead of pretending to have headache " Ravi teased me

" You are Kiran, Why is he calling you Ravi? " Sweety asked . Looks like she met Ram but didn't recognize him . Even though they met like strangers , I could see the bond between them clearly .

" My name is Ravi Kiran. Arjun is my younger brother . Megha likes Kiran name, so she and all my in-laws family call me Kiran" he said . Sweety looked at Me and I nodded 

" Ravi " she said involuntarily in shock .  

" Do you want to call me Ravi ? " he  asked 

" Its getting late . Let's start " I  said saving her . She looks like she is about to cry .

She sat in passenger seat . Me and  Siri  sat in the backseat . She closed her eyes and leaned her head back on the headrest . I can see that she is trying hard to control tears . 

Ravi asked Sweety if she is  ok worriedly . She said  she is  fine just tired  . We reached the temple in no time . We went inside .I couldn't help but  glancing at her . My parents were sitting inside .' How will she handle meeting all of us suddenly ' i thought to myself  

She sat next to Siri's mom . After sometime she excused herself and went to washroom . She took so long and I'm worried . I was worried and about to go check on her but Ravi went towards washroom . I waited for Ravi to return .Suddenly i heard Ravi shouting " Neha , Neha wake up " .

We all rushed there . Sweety fainted in Ravi's arms . I couldn't see her like that and at the same time I can't even show my concern for her . It was hard not to go hug her .

Siri's mom sprinkled water on  Sweety's face , still she didn't open her eyes . I'm worried about her is an understatement . I felt as if I'm dying seeing her unconscious . I'm the reason for her condition .