Care

Karthik's POV (Present)

After taking to doctor, I promised myself to take care of her. I spent more time with Neha. I talked to her mom about Neha working full time. She was happy when I said I would train Neha personally. 

I gave her more work which she finish with ease. Emily said 'Neha is professional tennis player but quit". I started playing tennis with her every evening. I used to take her to my parents home in California. Her mom never opposed which surprised Neha.

Later I came to know her mom wished to get Neha married to me, that's the reason she was ok with us spending time always.

"What?" Arjun shouted 

Flashback 

Mohan(Karthik's dad) : Neha's mom wants to get Neha married to you

Karthik : what? No way dad

Mohan : I know how you feel about her, even I consider her as my own daughter. I said, I will ask your opinion 

Karthik : that's the reason she never opposed whenever I take Neha out. Let her think that way dad till I find solution. That way I can keep Neha away from Rohan

Mohan : ok but we can't keep up with this act long 

Karthik : There should be some permanent solution. I hope we find soon. Neha is getting better

End of Flashback 

I made Neha swear to never try to take her life. Everyday I made sure to keep busy with work and exhaust her physically. She became less dependent on antidepressant pills. We had a deal that Neha should inform me before taking pill, that way I kept track of how often and the reasons.

Then you came to US. You were the solution for her problems. You were the guy she's been in love with. I know you loved  Your Sweety who is Neha. I couldn't be more happier. She never took pills  after you came. 

Neha's mom understood we both have siblings love, she arranged Neha's marriage with Rohan. I was scared she would revert to depression. That's the reason dad arranged your marriage immediately, that way Neha will feel secured.

"I owe you for taking care of Sweety when we couldn't" Ravi thanked me

The day we returned to Newyork after your marriage I saw the old Neha that's why I made her physically exhausted playing tennis. Remember, she slept in the tennis court itself. She would have taken pills otherwise. 

"I was totally confused with your behavior that night. I was scared me to death when you said she tried to take her life twice" Arjun said sadly

"Next day Karthik took me to Neha's psychiatrist" Arjun told Ravi

Flashback 

Psychiatrist : so you are the reason for her recovery. I'm glad you came to her life. 

Arjun : yesterday she was depressed, I'm sure she wanted to take pills. Luckily Karthik managed. I had no idea about her condition 

Psychiatrist : What happened 

Karthik explained everything

Psychiatrist : You both are married but still she has insecurities. She still thinks her mom could get her married to Rohan. She will be all good once you get consent from both your parents. Till then don't leave her alone. Express your love in every way including intimacy. Make her feel she is yours completely. Once she is pregnant with your child, all her insecurities vanish, she will be completely normal.

I know becoming parents is huge responsibility, it's your choice but  that would cure her problem 

Arjun : I will get consent from everyone as soon as possible and will follow your advice . Thank you so much doc

Psychiatrist:  I know every detail of Neha's life. From my understanding Rohan is not her problem. I don't think he is a bad guy. Her mom and dad are her problem. She feels they both hate her. See if you could sort these things.

I nodded

End of Flashback