Chapter 19

Kiran's POV

I don't know why but i feel something is wrong with Arjun, my younger brother. He is busy all the time. Don't know when he come & go since his marriage is fixed. I even asked if he is really ok with the marriage. He said Siri is the best and he is just working hard so that he can take off during marriage time. There is no happiness in his face . I asked him few months back if he is in love with someone. He said no. My family is totally ok with love marriage , even mine is love marriage . Then we fixed his marriage with Siri, my wife's sister. We didn't force him, he accepted willingly but i sense there is something bothering him.

I got call from my mother-in-law saying that Siri's friend, Neha came home and is not feeling well .

" I don't know how to discuss this with you Kiran " she hesitated

"Its ok mom , you can tell me anything " I'm like a son to her. Even i feel her as my second mom

" I suspect she is... pregnant ... she is not married. It is just suspicion &  i couldn't talk to her about it. I might be wrong. Even if she is pregnant I don't judge her Kiran. She is a wonderful girl. I can blindly say she would never do something wrong. I just want to protect and take care of her " she said hesitatingly

"Don't worry mom, I will take care. I'm little busy today, will meet her tomorrow " I said thinking she must be really awesome to create such impression on my mother-in-law .

I went to jewelry shop to get necklace set we ordered 2 weeks back for Siri . I saw a girl shouting for not giving 50 million necklace and saying don't need any discount . Normal people ask for discounts. 'Arrogant spoilt rich brat' i thought. But something about her softened my heart, probably pain in her eyes .

Then I went to orphanage. Every month I donate money to this orphanage . Its been 5 years we got married but don't have children . Helping needy kids gives me satisfaction. I also do free check up to the kids .

After sometime the same girl from jewelry shop came to orphanage and started to play with kids. They all seem to know her well. I asked the manager about her. He said her name is Niharika, she lives in New York , teaches music and painting online every sunday to the kids for free. She also donates $10,000 every month . Is she my Sweety ? She looks a little  like her. Its been 11 years that I saw her. She might have changed a lot. Even her name and place matches Sweety's .

Before I could go and talk to her, got call from hospital for emergency surgery. I asked the manager to get her contact no. and address in India and left .

Next day I went to shopping with Megha. I left her near the entrance and went to park the car. As I was entering the shop, saw the same girl crying outside. It was painful to see her in tears. Before I could go to her, Megha called me & I went inside but kept looking at her. After sometime she stopped crying, wiped her tears and came directly to us. Siri introduced me as her friend Neha . 

She tried to hide her pain and act normal but I could see sadness in her eyes. She made Siri try lot of necklaces before selecting one antique one. It really suited perfectly for Siri. Yesterday she cared only for the price but today she put all her heart to select jewelry. I can tell this is her real self. She is not arrogant. There could be some reason for her rude behaviour yesterday. I don't know her problem but she is definitely under lot of stress .

A boy working in the shop got some soda for us. After drinking soda, Neha rushed to washroom. I remembered my mother-in-laws words of her suspicions of Neha being pregnant. After she came out of washroom I took her out when she said she is hungry so that I could talk to her alone.