Fear

Flashback

Arjun made Neha feel special, showered her with love. He was spending more time with her. For the first time in her life Neha is leading a happy contender life. 

Though Neha's marriage is fixed with Rohan, he is not bothering her. He is not the bad guy everyone thinks. He really likes Neha. Neha's mom knows that. 

Neha's mom trusts and admires Karthik. She would have made him son in law if he didn't see her as sister. She saw real happiness in Neha's face after meeting him. That's why she never opposed whenever or wherever Karthik takes Neha.

Night before Arjun's flight Neha came to him crying after midnight. Karthik opened the door. He was surprised to see her.

"What's wrong" he asked and shouted "Arjun, Arjun"

Arjun was sleeping, came downstairs hearing karthik calling him.

He was scared seeing Neha crying in Karthik's arms. He rushed to her side. Neha hugged him and cried harder. Arjun hugged her tightly patting her back and waited for her to calm down.

Karthik gave her water. After sometime she calmed down and drank water

"What happened Sweety? You came all the way at this hour" 

"Arjun, I....." she stopped looking at Karthik and looked down. He understood she wants to talk to Arjun personally.

"Arjun, take Neha to your room. I will wait here"

"I know it's hard for you since I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm going to talk to my parents and take you forever" Arjun said after going to his room

"Don't think I don't trust you Arjun. I trust your love more than God. It's my fate that I don't trust..."

"Sweety..."

"Please don't interrupt Arjun. It's been more than 1 month that we are married but never lived like real couple. You spend all the time you could with me but end of the day you come here and I go back to my house. Weekends I have to lie to mom to meet you. Always in the fear of getting caught. I'm your wife but can't express it in front of everyone. Not even in the office.

I don't know what happens after you go to India. Aunty may not accept me. You won't be happy going against your parents. I don't want you to do something that makes you unhappy. 

I don't want to think of future but don't go tomorrow" 

Arjun didn't understand what Neha wanted. He just looked at her asking to continue 

"I want to live with you as real couple at least few days Arjun, no lying, no fear of getting caught. Just you and me forgetting this world. Whatever happens in future, I can live with those memories"

Arjun hugged her not finding words understanding the depth of her love. 

"I love you Sweety. I'm the luckiest guy to have you. I'm not going tomorrow. Sleep here tonight. I will be back after talking to Karthi, he is waiting"

"But.."

"I don't care if your mom knows. It's even better, I would take you right away. Nothing matters to me more than your happiness. I want my wife in my bed" 

Saying that Arjun made Neha lay on bed, covered with blanket and kissed her forehead.

"Sleep well baby, I will come. Good night"

"Love you Arjun, Good night"

Neha slept in seconds. She's stressed since few days.

"I'm not going to India tomorrow" 

"Don't worry Arjun, I will take care of Neha. As soon as you go talk to your parents. I'm sure they will understand. Neha loves you so much and you both are married so her mom will accept. I will talk to her" Karthi said 

"I want to take Neha on honeymoon before I go to India"

"Are you crazy Arjun? I will talk to Neha. Her mom will know" 

"I don't care about anything Karthi. Sweety's happiness matters to me. If my parents don't agree she will not stay in my life though it will hurt her like hell because I won't be happy going against them. I can give my life for a girl like her. All she asked is to live with me few days as real couple not hiding or lying to anyone in fear. Is it too much.

You know what she said, if things go wrong, she will live with those memories.

If I can't give that simple thing to her there is no meaning of my life Karthi.

If her mom finds, I will take Neha right away"

Karthi nodded

"She is sleeping inside. She was talking to me but slept before I closed the room door. I can imagine the stress she went through these days. I'm sure she didn't sleep well last few days"

"Where do you want to go? I will arrange"

"I want to take her to the beach house. She likes it"

"I will get it cleaned and ready. Since it's my place, easy to manage her mom. She will agree if I say I want to take Neha home. I know you don't care if she finds out but it's better this way" 

"Thank you Karthi"

"Anything for my sister and tiny bit for you brother in law. Good night"

Karthik messaged Neha's mom that Neha is here. She is very much stressed. I will bring her morning.