Meeting a Friend

I, wasn't able to get much sleep. None at all actually.

Instead, I went for a walk over to my friend's house, Fischl's.

I didnt stay long, since I didn't feel like talking then, so I just asked if she could book a spot at Good Hunter for tomorrow. She gave me the time of when to meet. Not wanting to bother her anymore, I left.

I walk into Good Hunter and see Fischl sitting at a table in a far corner.

"Greetings, My dearest retinue. Speak, of what had brought you to seek out I, Fischl, Prinzessin der Verurteilung, at such a time during the deep night."

I sit down at the seat next to Fischl. "Ah, yeah sorry about that, had trouble sleeping so I decided to stop by."

Her usual tone and way of speaking seems to suddenly change.

"Bennett, you're not the type person to do such things: stoping by late at night, not asking if you could step in, or just parting the way you did. What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to push back my surprise from how aware Fischl is at times, but that's also why she's a great friend.

"Bennett." Her tone, now much more serious. "Something's up, You coming over, telling me to save a spot for us at Good Hunter, then leaving without even staying for a small chat. it's not like you, what's wrong?"

"It would of just been better if you set up the place, so, you know, my luck wouldn't get in the way and i-"

Fischl interrupts me, crossing her arms, looking at me with an intense, serious look on her face.

"So this is about your luck." She states.

"Wha- no, it- isn't about my luck." I struggle to find my words "It's more like a... person, and well... I suppose my luck too."

Her gaze lightens, replacing her serious expression with a look of concern and curiosity.

"So this about Razor. Am I correct?"

"Wha- how did you..."

I trail off my sentence as she begins to speak again.

"I've known you for a long time Bennett. I, the Prinzessin der Verurteilung do not need to use my Auge der Verurteilung, to see what troubles your mind."

Fischl seems to somewhat return to her usual form of speech, but her tone remains casual.

"Though I've never met Razor, he seems to be someone of great importance to you."

I sigh seeing how easy it is for Fischl to see right through me, but she always has.

"I can tell by the great amounts you speak of him." She teases me nudging my shoulder lightly.

I laugh. Feeling more relaxed, I begin telling her how I feel.

"He is. I-I like Razor, a lot. You know, I have for a while now; but I dont want Razor getting hurt or anything, I'm unlucky, and being around me causes nothing but bad things to happen."

I feel a tightness in my chest, a relief to be able to say this aloud, but a pain to hear it.

"He always says the same thing, saying it's not my fault and he doesn't care about my luck. He try's to help me out at times, but in the end, he just ends up getting caught up in it."

I can feel all my emotions of doubt, anger, sadness, shame, and my feelings for Him, overwhelming me all at once.

"I-i dont want to keep being the cause of all bad things that happen to him." I feel tears filling the bottom of my eyes, ready to poor over.

"Bennett, please. You're unlucky sure, but it's not something that makes you, you! You're a fun person who loves adventure, who happens to be just a bit unlucky."

Fischl begins to reach her hand out towards my shoulder when sudently...

"Whaa!"

CRASH

"Oh my, I'm so so sorry!"

A waiter had tripped spilling a couple of drinks on both me and Fischl.

"I'm so sorry ma'am, I had tripped and- I-"

"No no, for it was merely a simple mistake, no need for..."

Fischl begins to talk to the waiter, both trying to sort out what had happened...