Season 3 (New Schoolhouse?)

An: I was thinking of doing little questions at the beginning of each chapter so today is, what's your favorite color? (Don't answer if you don't feel comfortable doing so, it's okay)

Y/N:
We sat on the couch next to her, I have never been the best at comforting people...gently, you know? I was more harsh and ready to help them back up rather then listening as much as I should so I let Anne do the talking for this.

"You didn't know... so how could you be responsible?" Rachel shook her head "Because, I am a memeber of the board, and mark my words, it wad them." she aid shakily "I feel it in my bones".

She scoffed "Yes they were angry, but never would I have ever imagined--"

"Because its unimaginable" Marilla chimed in.

Rachel brought the cloth up, wiping her face from the tears once more "Its more than that. The way they spoke about women, myself included," she turned to look at Anne "during your manifesto debacle, was eye-opening to say the least." Anne looked to her as well "Did you really think it was a debacle?" Rachel shook her head "Not anymore.".

I shrugged to myself, that was rather back-handed I think, I turned back to Rachel as she continued "I'm glad you forced this to the surface. People have revealed themselves and things will not be the same." I nodded in agreement "I assure you both," she looked to me "I am a very good ally to have. Leave this with me." she finished.

I looked to Anne tryong to decipher what she was thinking, when her eyes finally met mine she nodded, I gave her a nod as well, giving a silent vow not to spread it past Rachel... unless needed.

                                                                                                                                 ***
Stacy had prepared me for today. We needed somewhere to do the studying and with the schoolhouse burnt to ashes there weren't many othe rplaces we could go.

That leading to all of the students coming here since this is where our teacher would be if not school, I woke up earlier than usual today, getting up and changed quickly before organizing my books and setting them neatly tucked aside.

I also took my many writing drafts and set them inside of larger books so as not to have them runined accidentally, cause lord knows thats bound to happen with all of them in the same place.

They all began to flow in around the usual time, some took a little longer than others but generally they were all there within ten minutes of each other.

Anne waved to me when she walked in, I sat at a place with my tthings ready to study she came in picking a space while the others did as well.

"If nothing else" I heard Stacy begin "at least I can offer refreshments." she walked over, a pitcher lemon water in her hand, I could see her just barely from where I was.

There were two rooms, one in more of the main part and then where I was more torward the back of the house "This is so infuriating!" Anne excalimed I turned to her as she bgan her rant "Poor Miss Stacy. Poor all of us. Now we're all crammed in here, cramming because of their henious actions." Gilbert nodded looking at Anne.

"I wonder if Mrs. Lynde will actually hold them accountable." okay so we may have told a few people after Rachel herslf.

"Well all I know is thta if anyone might be able to then it would be her." he nodded, the three of us were in some what of a group further to the back of the room. Anne had sat on his other side and when I tried to sit beside her she placed her books there with a smirk.

I knew what she was doing, it was very clear but she also felt way to triuphent about it I'm sure.

"I have to say, it was exilerating seeing the change in Mrs. Lynde" Anne said, I nodded.

"Truly, it was like she was a new person with new ideals. No longer being blinded but what she thought was going on versus what actually was."

Gilbert nodded looking over at me with a wide smile "You always do catch those small details." I knew my face was heating up so I faced the floor.

Letting hair fall from behind my ear ti block my redened face "It wasn't difficult, I feel like any person with half a mind could see the changes she made after being educated on the subject and the real matters at hand.".

He chucled lightly "I suppose, but we all know you seem to see things before they even come, I have to beleive that you pick up on things we don't." I laughed at that.

"If you say so, Blythe." we continued working for a few minutes until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned my head up seeing Gilbert looking to me once more, I raised an eyebrow in question "Can I borrow a pen?" I nodded handing it to him.

I was ready to go find another when Anne began talking again "We took a stand despite the repercussions." I nodded "Maybe because of them." Gilbert piped up, he sighed "the schools burned down, its awful--" he was cut off by a loud groan.

I looked up seeing Stacy come in, she looked to me and then to Gilbert and I saw her eyes glance to the books Anne had set in my way and she smirked ever so slightly.

Then as if nothing had happened she returned to her previous anger "Do not get me started." she said before passing us and leving the area "But it's strange" Gilbert continued "It makes me feel like the world is moveable."

"No matter where life takes me, I now knwo I must be a relentless thorn in the side of those who refuse to amend the status quo."

I nodded "We must stand our ground no matter the circumstance. Soceiety will always try and knock us down, saying that we can nver change things but we can. Over these last few days we have proved that its possible to do so.".

"Of course you must." Gilbert said.

"Both of you in your own ways. Anne with her outspokenness and y/n with her quiet march to justice, no one notices it until its alrady complete. AS for me, I know what I must not be. A country doctor, limited to delivering death sentences." I wanted to interupt him there but I stopped myself, he just needed to vent right now, trying to fix it wouldn't do any good.

"There's so much we don't yet know. I believe we can fix people, save them. We just haven't figured out how. I would give anything to be there when we do.".

Anne turned to him "Are you going to the Sorbonne?" she asked, sparing a quick glance my way "May as well ask if I can fly." he said chuckling "Someday." he looked to me "Someday I will." I nodded.

"You'll get there, give it time, don't rush it. If it's meant to be then it will happen." he smiled and nodded.

This was going to be a hard few weeks, I can already see it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
An: 1206 Words! Woooo another chapter!
I have had so much support and
comments lately its bonkers! You all are
amazing and so loved! Thank you
for the tremndous support!As
always leave any
questions, suggwstions,
comments, or concerns!
I hope you enjoyed this
chapter!
Happy
Reading
Bookworms!