Incertus (Kate)

I woke up at around 5am. It was a Saturday, so we didn't have to attend class.
I got up from my bed and stretched. Sana still wasn't back from the store.

Did she go out somewhere? It's 5 in the morning though. So where could she have gone?

I began to worry. Sana hadn't come back from the store last night either, I was afraid something had happened to her so I put on some fuzzy turquoise slippers, a soft black hoodie, then headed out to find her.
I felt more scared walking alone while it was this dark, especially after what happened. We were in the middle of November so the first few hours of the day seemed like night.

"Where are you going?" I heard a familiar voice call, I quickly turned around. It was Naroi. He was sitting on top of one of the lampposts located right outside the building. His altering color eyes looking down on me.
"I'm looking for Sana. You know where she is?" I asked. Looking up at him. He shook his head and leaped down.
"I don't know her exact location, but I can help you find her. I'll be able to track her based on her emotional energy."

Emotional energy? I wonder what that is.

"What is that?" I ask.
"Emotional energy is something that every person on this planet has. It's the energy that is built from emotions. Positive emotions bring positive energy and negative emotions give off negative energy. Although both negative and positive emotions give off a similar energy force, negative emotions are a bit stronger. It makes it easier for magicae to find a person who's been affected by a tristitia."

He stopped and his ribbon-like feelers floated to the right for a moment, like a breeze blew by him.
"I see. Your friend is giving off quite a strong energy."

Was Sana feeling bad then? And how'd he know it's hers?

"How can you tell it's hers?" I ask.
"It's a little complicated, but everyone has a different emotional energy, their positive energy matches their negative one, together, however, they're different from someone else's, it makes it easier for me to locate them," He replied.
"Oh, neat, so how 'bout you lead the way? I'll follow!" I say cheerfully

We both headed out in search for Sana. I followed Naroi as he traced her. We found her 30 minutes later sitting down by a lake.
"Sana!" I called out running towards her. "What are you doing here?"
She stared at the calm green water and sighed, grabbing a handful of sand then letting it fall through her fingers.
"Do you remember this place?" She asks. I shake my head and sit down beside her.
The sand felt soft and cool, with a few tiny pebbles mixed in.
"Before this school was built we would come here almost everyday to play in the lake. You remember that Kate?"

My eyes darted around the scenery, trying to see if I found anything familiar. Nothing came up.
"No, still can't remember, sorry," I replied.
"We would pretend we were mermaids. I would pretend I was a very famous singer. My ideal 'mermaid' look was a fluorescent white tail and hair, and rainbow seaweed around my arms, you remember that?"
It then hit me. The memories of Sana and I hanging out in this area as children flooded back to me like a tidal wave.
"Now that you mention it, I do remember us having a wild imagination here," I say with a small hollow laugh.

Sana turns her head to me and sadly smiles. Her golden eyes sparkling in the sunlight that was just beginning to appear.
"But why do you bring it up, and why'd you come here?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.
"That was the day I knew I wanted to become a singer. But everyone, besides my parents and you, said that I couldn't," She replies with a teary smile.

Sana was born with very weak vocal chords so when she sings her voice either breaks a lot or she loses it completely. I remember taking her to the hospital after she tried singing a high note because she wanted to be the lead singer in a play. It did not go well at all.