Carne Queimada (Sana)

[TW - gore warning]

I woke up after Kate and Gretchen as they were already dressed and in the kitchen. The smell of french toast, eggs, and bacon filled the air.
"Sana! Gretchen and I made breakfast, do you want anything?"
"Sure, I could grab something to eat. Just let me change real quick."
After changing, I sat down in the kitchen with my friends and ate, and after that I informed them that I was going to go shopping for a bit.

I decided to go to the mall for a bit to shop for some new clothes. I ended up buying a T-shirt, some socks, and a skirt.
On my way back I caught a glimpse of Cheryl in the cafe and decided to go inside.
"Hey Cheryl," I say with a smile.
"Hi Sana," She replies.
"So how's everything going?" I ask, pulling out my chair and sitting down.

I already had breakfast at Gretchen's, so I didn't buy anything here. Cheryl, however, did buy a small coffee.

She looks at me and gives me a miserable smile.
"I'm not going to be in school tomorrow just so you know. I'm going to be in the hospital, along with a few other people."

She's still feeling sick? But wasn't that a while ago? I guess that curse really did a number on her...But why is she only going to the hospital now?

"What do you mean? Why?"
She sighed, taking a sip of her coffee.
"I really don't know what happened. One minute I'm sleeping peacefully in my bed, then the next I'm outside with a whole bunch of other people."
"Wow, that is really strange. Do you know why that happened?"

She shakes her head.
"No. All I know is we all suffered major headaches and hallucinations. We have to stay at the hospital for a couple of days so they can see what has happened. It was really weird, everyone out there with me had experienced the same thing."

I guess the people affected weren't aware they were cursed, or they all forgot what happened.

"Do you know how long you'll be in the hospital?"
She shakes her head again.
"No, all I know is that it may be awhile."
She takes another sip of her coffee and puts it aside.
"What about you? How are you doing?"
I take another bite out of my muffin and lean back in my chair.
"Eh, nothing much. Just problems with the new girl," I shrug.

I know she saved us from that one fight, but I ain't gonna be dragging Cheryl into this whole magica thing.

She gives me a muddled look, her head tilted a bit to the side.
"Why do you say that?"
I shrug, sitting straight up again.
"You know how it's my dream to become a singer right?"
She nods.
"Well she thinks my dream is naive," I explain.
Cheryl stands up, taking the last sip of her drink and pushes in her chair.
"Don't you have a problem with your vocal cords that you can't really sing or something?"
I nod.
"Still, everyone has dreams, some more realistic or more likely to happen than others. But none of them are stupid."
Cheryl smiled in agreement.
"Yeah, you're right."

She grabs her Rebecca Minkoff cross-body bag, small pure white with shiny rose gold chains.
She placed it over her shoulder and let out a sigh of relief.
"Well, it was nice chatting with you Sana, I hope we'll be able to talk again someday. And I'm sorry that person would insult your dreams like that."
"Yeah, well, honestly, I don't care what she or anyone else thinks, it's my dream after all...also, I hope you get better soon."
She smiles and we both walk out together. She waves goodbye to me and continues on her way home.

I was on my way back home to read a few stories online when I saw Kate walk into the main school building.

Why is she going to school? We don't have class till tomorrow.

I decided to follow her in, trying to figure out why she went there. As I open the door I see her walking at the end of the hallway with Gretchen.