The Girl I Couldn't Save (Edith)

The blast of energy finally dissipated and I was brought to the ground. The room was slowly altering into a latitat and the ground beneath me crumbled away.
Sana's body was in the distance, falling as well. I look for solid landing and push off with my feet, snatching Sana in the air.
The area was different. The ceiling reached on infinitely and the ground seemed to be made of glass. In whole, the latitat didn't look that much different from the concert hall we were at before.

I land on the ground softly, Sana's body still cradled in my arms.
The girl was pretty heavy, I won't lie, which was weird considering she had such a slim figure. Perhaps cause she was dead that made her weigh a ton...I don't know.

I tried my best to shake the girl awake, hoping she had just fainted and this was nothing but some random tristitia that appeared. But it wasn't, this tristitia was her.
That black pin inside her gem was definetley a luctus threcius, and it hatched to create a monster.

    Damn it...this can't be happening, she can't really be gone.

    I know I told her that I would never become friends with her, and that she annoyed the living crap out of me. However...despite her annoying attitude, I honestly enjoyed being with her.
    Sure, I know what I said, but I didn't mean it. I mean I honestly thought we were getting along better. I guess the reason why I wasn't so up front about it was because I was scared of being abandoned again. Great, my friggin past still haunts me to this day.

    Other than myself and Sana, the world was empty. Until I finally noticed it. It was gigantic, maybe 30 ft or so. It wore a white fluorescent gown that reached the floor, it's body was made entirely of metal with rainbow ribbons that danced upward like seaweed underwater protruding from its arms. It's face was just a smooth black screen with a white line stretching across, it had headphones with an attached mic as ears, and it's hair glowed like the moon as it flowed upward towards the sky.

    "What are you..? What the hell have you done with Sana?!?"

It was silent for a moment, until it started screaming in agony. The white line across its face was now a rainbow sound wave.
    The screaming was extremely loud, the waves of sound on its face nearly covered it completely. It was torture to my ears.
    Aside from the loud echoing of the feedback from a microphone that came with it. It wasn't the worst part about its cry.
    No, the worst part was that somewhere in that deafening noise, I could hear her. This wasn't just anyone's screams. These were Sana's.
    The monster went completely violent and summoned giant razor sharp cds to attack me with.
    Since I was still carrying Sana along with me, there was no way I could win the fight, so I decided to exit out instead.

    Kate really isn't gonna like this. But Sana's her friend, she deserves the truth.

    It was still dark outside. The full moon lit up the campus as I searched for Kate, only to find her sitting by the fountain.
    It wasn't until she finally noticed me that she ran up.
"Edith! You found Sana thank god!"
    She looks at me relieved for a second, until she notices the look of sorrow on my face.
"What's wrong with Sana? Where's her gem?"
    "Her gem shattered and turned into a luctus threcius," Violet answers, walking towards us.
    "No...you're lying..." Mumbles Kate with wide eyes.
    "I'm dead serious. This is the final stage of all magicae if they have not already died."
    "No...she doesn't deserve this...she just wanted to help people..."

    The brown haired girl begins tearing up, trying best to hold back from crying.
    "Nobody deserves this." Violet says. "But magicae don't receive happy endings. We either die or turn into the monsters we fight, constantly reliving their despair over and over until another magica finally executes them."
    She walks towards me with a cold look.
"It's not a good idea to be holding her like that, people will start to ask questions and begin to think you were the one to kill her. So I'd say dump her body into a river so no one suspects anything."
    I place Sana's body on the ground in order to take a few steps closer to Violet and lift her by the shirt.
"You cold hearted bitch! How could you say those things! She was Kate's best friend and you act like she was nothing! Seriously, how the hell do you consider yourself human?"
    "I don't, I never said I did. And with all the pain you've caused to others, you shouldn't call yourself human either."
    She kicks me away in order to free herself from my grip, then disappears shortly after.

    Kate was on the ground next to Sana, quietly sobbing, so I decided to walk up and comfort her.
    "I'm sorry about your friend," I tell her.
    "It wasn't your fault..."
    "You know what? A thought just struck me."
    Kate looks up at me and tilts her head.
"What do you mean?"
    "You and Sana were best friends, right? Maybe there's a way to turn her back!"
    She gets up from the ground and wipes away her tears.
"Is that even possible?"
    "I'm not sure," I shrug. "But it never hurts to try. I'll fight her while you try to remind her of her life and everything, then maybe when I finally kill the monster it would be her gem instead of what we normally get."
    "That doesn't sound like a bad idea. If there's a chance of getting her back then I'll gladly do it. Do you know where she is now?"
    "She should still be at the concert hall, so let's go there!"
    Before we did anything we brought Sana's body to her lake and placed her on the sand where no one would find her. Afterwards, we went to the concert hall to fight the tristitia inside.