A New Beginning (Violet)

Both of us were drifting away from each other. I watched as Kathleen slowly faded into nothing, and soon after, the area around me soon faded as well.

I wake up in the bed of my old apartment. It was January 1, a new year. I got up from my bed and changed into new clothes then headed out.

That's weird...why would I wake up in my old apartment? Shouldn't I be at the school?

I walk down to the beach to see how different things look, or to see the aftermath of the whole incident yesterday.

Everything was so calm. It was strange. I mean just last night you had this huge storm capable of destroying the world, everyone terrified and filled with fear and despair, but now?

I take a look at my surroundings. The sky was bright blue with the sun shining brightly, a gentle breeze came here and there.
Many people were walking and chatting with each other, some were sitting outside. It made me feel as if yesterday were nothing more than a bad dream.

Everyone is just minding their own business, going through their days like usual...it's nice to see.

I finally made it to the beach. And just like everywhere else, the beach has also returned to its peaceful state.
The ocean was clear as day and tranquil as small waves gently crashed onto the shoreline.

I saw many people playing beach volleyball, as well a few kids building sand castles, a few swimmers and surfers, and a few others just hanging out on the sand, possibly tanning or just relaxing.
While taking in my surroundings, I noticed a few of Kathleen's family members. Her mother was here along with Kate's younger brother and cousin.

I walk up to them and wave a simple "hello" with a smile.

I noticed how the young blonde, Quinn, I believe her name is, was drawing a picture of a girl in the sand.

"That's really good," I smile. "Who is she?"

The child stares up at me, then at her aunt, unsure if she should speak or not, but eventually, she returns her focus to me before answering.

"Her name is Kathleen, she's my friend."

I smile at the response as her aunt walks over, shaking her head and giggling.

"Oh, children and their imaginary friends," She states, picking up the young girl and carrying her in her arms.

"I have to admit though...that name, Kathleen...it gives me such a strong nostalgic feeling, like I've heard it somewhere before...but I just can't put my finger on it..."

She shrugs, letting out a small chuckle.

"Oh well, maybe it's because if I ever had a daughter I would name her that."
She stops and smiles.
"Such a lovely name, don't you think?"

I nod, returning a small smile.
"Yeah, it is a lovely name."

So she really doesn't exist anymore. Not even her family remembers, aside from her cousin who only knows her as her imaginary friend...but is that really remembering?

"Well," I begin. "It was very nice to meet you."

The aunt smiles at me. "It was very nice meeting you too, Miss..."

"Violet Silver," I answer.

"Violet Silver...such a nice name...Anyways, it was nice chatting, enjoy your day."

     I waved goodbye as I began to walk over to Nuverseri.

I walk into the senior building and look for Gretchen's room number.