Chapter 23

Crystal Dwight's POV

"Ryle!" I shouted, getting his attention. When he looked up, I ran towards his direction. 

"Dwight!" he smiled and waved his hand. "Mabuti naman at naisipan mong mag-jogging," he added. He was wearing a simple white shirt and jogging pants. He came for a jog too, here at Dreem Plaza. 

"Bakit? Tumataba na ba ako?" pabiro kong tanong. I rested my hands on hips because I felt kinda exhausted from running. 

"No. You are getting unhealthy," he replied, sounding mad. "You're sleeping late and eating instant foods while at work. That's not good, you know."

I forced a smile and giggled. "Sorry na, Doc Ryle." 

He didn't replied rather he went to one of the seats. Sumunod na rin ako sa kaniya. 

He's holding a bottle of tea and he opened the bottle cap before handing it over to me. 

"Drink that," he said. "That's healthy." 

"Oh. Thanks," I replied as I received it from his hand. When I took a sip, I felt more refreshed. 

We both sat on the pavements. Lot of people are jogging around too. Most of them were on headphones. 

"Still can't reach your friend?" I began after drinking. 

"Si Dale ba?" He then took a sip from his drink too. 

"Hmm." I nodded. "I still can't contact Zyah too. I don't know where she went," I uttered in pain. 

"Let them be. Hindi basta-basta ang sakit na dulot ng mga nangyari sa kanila." 

"I never imagined that those two have conflicts between their fathers."

Ryle shook his head. "Is it really the end for both of them?"

I heaved a sigh. "We can't blame both of them. Dale lost his father because of Uncle Clavey. Imagine the pain and guilt they are bearing right now." 

"I agree with you, my love." He chuckled. 

"Err, creepy!" I distanced myself a little from him and diverted my attention to other things. Trying to calm down myself. Lately, when he addressed me as "love" I couldn't help but feel nervous. My heart almost skipped a bit when he uttered that word. It does have an effect on me that I couldn't resist. It makes me feel weak. His words are that powerful. 

"About your message last night," he began, hesitant. "Totoo talaga na aalis kayo ngayon?"

I met his gaze and nodded. "Yeah. Our team was assigned to cover that news." 

"But that was a crime scene, Dwight!" he uttered with his brows meeting each other. "You'll release a news about murder, huh?" 

I was about to let out a word but he didn't give me a chance when he continued his phrase.

"Do you really need to do that? Okay naman 'yung nasa hospital ka, ah? Pwede rin namang sa showbiz field ka, 'di ba?"

"As long as there is news, we need to be there. Bumabagyo man 'yan, we need to be there." 

"Kung ma-a-assign ka mag-cover ng giyera, ibig sabihin susuot ka talaga sa giyera?"

I slowly brought my head up and down. "Hmm. I need to be there."

"Love. . . "

"Ano ba? May nagpo-protekta naman sa amin kung sakaling doon nga ako madestino." I faced him, questioning him with my stares. "Bakit parang gusto mo yatang sumabak ako giyera? At isa pa, hindi naman national case ‘yung i-co-cover namin.”