Chapter 48

Crystal Dwight’s POV

While I haven't received a call from DMM Media, I spent my days with my mother. I help her do the things she loves to do. I've been wanting to do something together with her. Lately, I have been caught up with work. 

This is it. This break is also a blessing in disguise. I could stay with my mother and enjoy the day with her. 

Early in the morning, we moved things around in our house. We bought new things and set them up. My mother bought these things from the money she earned from embroidery. 

"Ma, what are you doing?" I asked while slouching off in the couch. I am tired from our task. It may sound simple yet very tiring to do. 

"I am preparing a lunch box!" she replied from the kitchen.

I stood up. With my curiosity, I went to her place to find out. "Lunch box? Para kanino naman po?" I asked her, sitting at the chair in front of her. "Are you going somewhere that you need to pack food?"

She shook her head while pursing her lips together. "Aren't you going to pay him a visit?" she asked. 

I reached for a cut of fruit and chewed it first. "Sino po ang bibisatahin ko ma?" I asked her. 

"You, silly. Sino pa? Si Ryle!"

I instantly paused from chewing and cast my mother a curious glance. "Why would I visit him, ma? Nagkita rin naman kami kahapon. Isa pa, baka busy siya sa hospital ngayon. I don't want to bother him."

"Akala mo ba hindi ko nahahalata? Kanina pa panay ang tingin mo sa cellphone mo. Hindi siya nagre-reply, ano?" 

Wow. I am amazed. How does my mother know?

I just chuckled and went on chewing my food. I don't know what to say. Bisto na ako. Wala na akong mairarason pa. 

"Kung nag-aalangan ka na bisitahin siya," she said, facing me, "ito nga, oh, gumawa na ako ng paraan upang mapuntahan mo siya. 

I chewed my food slowly and brought myself close to my mother. I hugged her from the back. "Mama. . ." I uttered softly. 

"Umayos ka nga." Siniko ako ni mama. "Magpalit ka nga ng damit doon! Tingnan mo niya 'yang suot mo. Naku, talaga." 

I ran towards my room and rummaged through my closet. After a moment of searching,  I settled on a white long sleeve and paired it with jeans. I am quite comfortable with the dress I choose. I turned my hair into a ponytail. It's been a while since my last hair cut, my hair is getting long now.

When I went down again, my mom handed over the lunch boxes to me. I gladly accept it. I just couldn't tamper down my excitement. 

"Uwi ng maaga!" My mother reminded me when I was about to leave the house. 

"Alright, ma! I'll go now!" I waved my hand before I got in the taxi that had just arrived. 

"PSF Medical Center. Thank you." I told the driver. 

Having my mom telling me to visit Ryle at work, I couldn't help but feel glad and excited. My mother even prepared a lunch box for him. He really tamed my mother effortlessly. 

I didn't tell him that I was going to visit him. I just wanted to give him a surprise. Another reason is, I want to watch him from a distance while he isn't aware that I am around. I really admired the way he did his work. The gestures and expressions he has while he is inside the hospital are enough to tell how much he loves his work. 

Lately, even he won't say a word about it. I know that he is sad about his family matters. He wanted an explanation but no one could give it to him. He doesn't want to disturb his dad because he knows how important focus is in their field. He couldn't ask his mom about it because he couldn't bring himself to meet his mom.