Chapter 55

Aron Ryle's POV

"Anong ginagawa mo rito, Diesma?" Dale threw that question as I entered the door.

"I have something to ask," I responded and closed the door behind me. "Cuego, paano mo sinusuyo si Zyah kapag nagkakatampuhan kayo?" I asked when I sat at the couch in front of his table. We are now at his library inside his house. It's quite spacious here. He also added some new shelves and I could see some books about feminism. It's certainly Zyah's collection since the shelves have some yellow sticker on it. The books were arranged neatly. 

"We rarely fought, Diesma," he replied, leaning on his chair. 

"Sige. Ipagpalagay nalang natin. What if you suddenly felt that she's distant, what will you do?"

"Approach her, of course."

I couldn't help but shut my eyes as I shook my head. It seems that I couldn't get any ideas from him.

"Why mention me and Zyah when it's you and Dwight who is having a problem?" He asked but that put me in silence. 

"What if lang naman, Dale eh," I defended myself. I don't mean anything else. I just wanted to know some ways to deal with a woman's mood. Maybe, he had some experience that he could share with me. 

Since Tita Lavianna fell into a coma — I'm still used to calling her tita — and the truth about our parents was unvieled, Dwight's temperament wasn't the same as before. Her silence is quite unusual. She's not like this before. She seemed like she's turning into another person, into someone I am afraid I don't know. 

I've tried all my ways to lessen her burden but it seemed that she's unhappy every time I wanted to encourage her, to cheer her up. I always failed, now I am running out of ideas on how to approach her. 

We've been together for so long, I know that she's an upright and straightforward person. But I noticed that she kept saying that she's fine, that she can handle this and that but her actions say otherwise. 

"You know that both of them had huge differences in their personalities," Dale said before I could say anything else. "Let's say, if Zyah is in Dwight's situation right now, she'll probably cry day and night. She'll probably talk a lot of weird stuff to her unconscious mother until she wakes up. But have you seen Dwight cry after that accident or talk to her mother while she's asleep?"

Speaking of that, after the day she heard the truth about our parents, I haven't seen her cry. That's the last time I saw her shed tears. The following days when I asked her how she was doing, she always responded that she was fine. 

"Is she blaming me for what happened back then, isn't she?" I uttered bitterly. "But she didn't say a word about it. And I don't want to talk about it either."

"Anong pinag-uusapan niyo?"

My head spun around when I heard Zyah's voice from behind. 

"We are talking about Dwight, wife," Dale replied,  staring lovingly at his wife. He couldn't hide a bit of affection toward her. 

Zyah is wearing a long dress. It is oversized so I couldn't tell that she's pregnant. 

"What's wrong with Dwighty?" she asked while putting the book on her hand back to the shelf. 

"She's behaving strangely, Zy," I said. "She's so distant as if there's a wall between us."

"Nangyari ito sa kaniya, who wouldn't behave strange?" She sat next to Dale. "She's hurting. She was shocked. Habaan mo lang ang pasensiya mo sa kaniya."