13. Severe UTI

But me wann' one lolly~Areum

~Areum

Warning: mention of needles.

Next day
Clinic (Jungkook's cabin)
Jungkook pov
11 am

"Hmm... It's clearly a case of severe UTI. The infection has spread throughout the bladder and ureter but it hasn't reached till kidneys yet. That's a good thing. Did you give her the syrup last night?" I asked, analysing her reports thoroughly.

"Yeah...."

"Okay... Is this her first time getting the infection?"

"No, she got a similar one a year ago... It wasn't severe though."

"Did you or your husband ever get such an infection?"

"Ah.. No I've never got one and... I can't say about her dad. I'm a single mother.... He doesn't live with us."

The confidence in her voice when she mentioned about her ex-husband was commendable. Till date, I couldn't talk about Ahyeong with a straight face and bold voice.

People who don't have the so-called 'normal' type of lifestyle are always bogged down by the society. From giving disgraceful looks to spitting venomous words, they leave no stone unturned to make your life a living hell.

Everyday becomes a fight, not because of the reasons you are necessitated to live differently, but all those narrow minded people who call themselves a part of 'society'.

In that moment, I saw a fighter in her eyes who had gotten over the dead past long ago and learnt how not to give a damn about anyone.

"Oh, that's... okay. Umm... I'm prescribing some analgesics and antibiotics for 2 weeks. I'll be giving injectable antibiotics for the first week and... after that, she can take the oral ones " I explained, scribbling the same on her prescription.

"Shots.... For one whole week? Can't we go for an oral medicine?" she asked nervously.

"I would've given the oral medication but she's vomiting out everything and... strong doses are to be given so... IV injections are necessary" I said.

"O-okay so..... when can we start with the treatment?"

"I'm going to administer one now. I'll be back with the required things. Lie her down on the examination table" I said, standing up from my chair.

"Yeah... "

As a parent, she didn't have a good feeling about her daughter going through the pain for so long. Her deteriorating condition had made the treatment indispensable.

With a canula and penicillin vial, I went to the table. Miso was sitting on the chair beside Areum who was lying down on the table, probably preparing her for the shot.