22. Self Made Restrictions

Break your limitations and fly

fly. Dare to take the
first step.
~Taehyung

Next day
Miso's Candy Shop
Bedroom

It was 6 in the morning. With the lights off and curtains blocking the sunlight, I was sitting on the bed with Areum sleeping beside me. Since yesterday, I couldn't help but think about my unusual feelings for Dr. Jeon.

Staring at the white walls, I replayed everything that happened yesterday. From tearing up at the thought of Dr. Jeon being a saviour for us, I was giggling at the awkward towel moment that left him totally embarrassed.

For half an hour, I just imagined his face. I felt a river of emotions flowing through my head. And then, I went blank.

Why am I thinking about him so much?

And... I've a child to take care of. I need to earn for her, give her a better education and... I didn't want her to end up like me.

Shaking my head, I mumbled, "No, you can't be that selfish..."

After Juwon left, my family also gave up on me. The only reason for me being alive was Areum. Providing her with the best of everything, I wanted to see her achieving her goals. It became the only thing I wanted in my life.

Yeah, I made it my only goal.

At this stage of my life, I didn't find it appropriate to think about starting a life with another man.

I turned my gaze towards Areum snoring softly, snuggling more in the thin blanket. Running my fingers through her hair, I realised that she is everything I want. There's no void to fill.

"I'm gonna work hard for you, baby. Mama loves you" I whispered, kissing her forehead. With an optimistic pep talk with the sleeping child, I braced up myself for another hectic day.

Time skip
Clinic
Miso pov
10 am

Parking the scooty outside the clinic, I went inside with the candy boxes in my hands. Pushing the main door with one hand, I heard faint cries of a toddler coming from Dr. Jeon's cabin, getting louder with each step towards the door.

The waiting area also seemed quite tensed. Most of the children were clinging to their parents, scared by the distressed cries.

As their was no nurse outside, I had to wait amongst the other patients in the waiting area.

Those innocent and fearful faces of children were already making me weak. The child inside the cabin was also wailing constantly. I hoped to get over with the delivery soon.

After a few minutes, a nurse came out of Dr. Taehyung's cabin. In no time, I carried the brown boxes in my hands and I went to her.

"Good morning... I'm here to deliver these boxes."