Episode 11 Part 10

You held on tight to Conan and had your head on his shoulder to look where you were going as Conan controlled the skateboard.

"It stopped" suddenly said Conan.

"What?" you asked.

"The cab stopped" repeated Conan. "We're almost there. Hang on!"

He made a sharp turn making you yelp and cling onto him.

He made a small noise at your squeeze and looked at you on his shoulder.

You had closed your eyes for a moment but opened them again making him look away immidiently.

A shadow casted over you two making you look up, but there was nothing there as it was already gone.

"What was that?" asked Conan trying to find the source of the shadow.

"Don't know" you said and looked forward again. "Ah, Shinichi!"

"Huh" he said and looked down again.

He looked forward to see them going straight towards the cab you were after.

"Ah!" he yelled and made a sharp turn making you two both roll off and on the ground.

The skateboard flew off and crashed right into a building and broke in half.

"You alright?" asked Conan and got up.

He dusted himself off and reached out a hand to you.

"Somewhat" you nodded and held his hand.

He dragged you up and you dusted yourself off.

"What was that?" asked someone and a man leaned out of the cab window. "You kids, alright?"

"We're fine, sorry about that!" you apologized.

"It's alright" he nodded and sat inside again.

"E-eh, hold on!" called Conan and ran over.

"Yes?" said the man and looked at him.

"The man who you drove, where did he go?" asked Conan.

"Do you know him?" asked the man with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah!" you nodded and walked over, but made sure to grab Conan's tracker as you came.

"Well, I didn't quite see what building he went to but he went down the street as I saw" he said and pointed down the street. "It's weird how we wanted to come here. This street is mostly abandoned. Only things that happen here are constructions and tearing down of buildings"

Conan nodded and gave out a childish smile to him.

"Okay, thank you, Ojii-san!" he smiled.

"No problem, kid" said the man and then drove off.

"Do you recognize the street?" you asked looking around. "Cause I dont"

Like the man said, the street mostly had only old and abandoned building.

"Maybe..." said Conan and walked over to his broken skateboard. "Just great..."

He gave out a sigh as he picked up the two pieces.

"We'll have to find another way back" you said looking at the skateboard. "But let's look around"

Conan laid the skateboard pieces down and nodded.

You two slowly walked down the street and looked around for any clue or sight of the man you were after.

"Wait, isn't that..." you said and looked to where the street ended. "Isn't that where we were?"