12

I know the book is said to be Discontinued, and it still is.

But I had this idea in the notes for a long time, and I just suddenly felt for writing it. It doesn't really fit in with my other DCMK fics, so here it was.

Just a random one-shot of 6k words.

******************

"Taku," sighed Conan as he put on his jacket. You stood next to him, putting on your shoes right by the door to the agency. "Why'd they keep dragging us out to play childish games?"

You gave out a soft giggle, but shook your head and turned to him. "Don't be like that, Shinichi," you smiled at him. "I know you enjoy their company. Your cooperation with them during cases says so." The statement only made Conan turn his head away, but neither agreed or declined. You shook your head at him again, but turned to face into the room. "We're heading out now, Ran-neechan!"

"Ah!" said Ran and peeked out from the small kitchen in the office's corner. "Before you go, could you check if we got any mail?"

"Sure!" beamed both you and Conan back before stepping out of the door.

Conan grabbed his skateboard while at it, and you two walked down the stairs. Standing up on your toes, you reached up to the mailbox and opened it. A single white envelope fell down when opening the hatch. You watched as it fell down, so when seeing nothing else inside, you knelt down and picked the single letter up.

The letter had landed front down, but nothing was written on the back. You blinked once, but flipped it over to see who it was for. "Eh?" you voiced out in confusion and stood up, still staring at the envelope.

"Hm, what is it?" asked Conan, stepping over to glance at it as well. He read it, but raised an eyebrow in confusion. "For us? But no address?"

"Yeah," you responded with a nod to him, but focused on the letter again.

Both your and Conan's alias names were written on the front, but nothing else. The envelope had no address, so it wasn't sent by mail, it didn't have any return address either. That meant someone came and placed it in there by themself.

You glanced over at Conan, silently asking if you should open the letter now, and he nodded in answer. Gently tearing at the end of it, you dragged out the paper inside, and unfolded it. The moment it was on full display, your eyes widened.

The paper was written by using words from newspapers and magazines. No handwriting or pc used.

And it was a threat letter.

You slowly turned to Conan, who's eyes also were wide as he stared at it. He made brief eye contact with you, but grabbed the paper to study it more.

"I have the Detective Boys.

No harm will come to them if you follow my instructions.

I will send you a message when the time comes.

Tell no one."

"Damn it," snarled Conan as he glared at the paper. The paper crumbled in in hand as he clenched it. "Who would do this?!"

"Shinichi, we need to head to the park and see if they're really there or not!" you said, your voice firm, but controlled.

"Right," Conan said with a nod in agreement. He immediately threw his skateboard down, and the two of you jumped on. He hit the button, and the skateboard flew off in an instant.

The ride to the park was silent, but a dangerous aura seeped from you both as you glared at anything around. When at the entrance, you leapt off and ran in.