The Cat's Whisper Chapter 8: Anger of Pride

One of the boys tried to touch both of them.

The girls were afraid.

Staying there like a frozen stone.

As one of them were about to touch them...

They heard a sudden whip of the wind.

"Trying to lay hands on Nomika and Yuko. Isn't that too much?" Kurotatsu said while eyes started glowing (red).

"And who are you supposed to be?" The master of the group asked, grinning happily.

"Just a protector, I guess. Why don't you boys start to go home?" he said, intimidating the group of boys.

There was a short pause....

"Are you underestimating us fella?" the leader asked, intimidated by Kurotatsu.

"Actually yes, to be exact I over underestimated your group. Such weaklings" Kurotatsu said, in a very intimidating tone.

"Kurotatsu... This hope. This light I've walked through. How can this be happening to me? Needed to be saved by someone!" Nomika told to herself, crying silently.

The leader thought of an idea.

He suddenly pulled Nomika.

Locked her in his arms and pulled out a gun.

The gun pointing at Nomika's head.

"Release me creep!" Nomika shouted, afraid that she could be dead in a while.

"Shhhhh. Be quiet dear. You don't wanna wake up the cops, do you?" he said, covering the mouth of Nomika.

"Nomika, don't move a single inch!" Kurotatsu shouted.

"What if I would be the one to move her? Would that be counted as damage?" the leader said, grinning at Kurotatsu.

The leader tighten the grip on Nomika.

Nomika can't breathe well.

Kurotatsu sensed it.

"You're pushing my luck smart punk. To much pride will eat you." He smiled at him, inviting him for a fight.

"Well then give me your best shot" he giggled.

Kurotatsu withrawed his sword.

Grinned at the leader.

"Weakness of light. Aren't I correct, Tokuharu?" he asked.

"How did you know my name?" shocked to know.

"Heh.. Heavy Natsu*, fall" he prayed. *Natsu- summer

Light suddenly fell on Tokuharu.

Gravity fell on him while the others ran away.

After a while...

"Thanks for saving us Kurotatsu" Nomika said.

"It's no big deal. Hehehe" he laughed gently.

"Here's my car. Gotta go now! BTW Nomika tomorrow's holiday right? No classes?" Yuko asked.

"Yeah! No classes" she shouted happily.

Then they separated ways.

At Nomika's house...

Kurotatsu was fast asleep.

"Now it's my turn to return the favor. Thanks for saving us." She told herself and kissed th cheek of Kurotatsu.

"Good night!" Nomika said, quietly.

She didn't know that Kurotatsu was only daydreaming.