11 | The Graveyard where you live

"Feel my blood runnin'
Swear the sky's fallin'
How do I know this shit's fabricated?"

~ Ariana Grande, Breathin'

E L L O R A

I walk through the corridor in tiptoe, trying to make as less noise as is possible. And I feel like a fool - I feel like an utter fool for snooping around like a thief in my own house. And I feel like an even bigger fool because I don't have any solid reason to do so.

Its just my mother for God's sake! I just have to go in her room like a proper daughter and tell her that I will be returning late today. And hopefully like a proper mother she'll agree.

And before that she'll ask you for an explanation you moron!

Of course she will...

And what? You'll tell her that you've got a new job?

Yes..er, maybe....

You truly are a fool! Have you forgotten her special dislike for your previous job and the jobs before that? How do you manage to study Science with this memory?

I stop and sigh, letting the pessimist rather the realist me win. Its true...mum absolutely hates the notion of me working. She will most definately not allow me to join another job literally the day after I left my previous job. It is simply not going to happen.

Me working as Prof. Langdon's apprentice is simply not going to happen.

I slide along the wall to sit down on floor itself like a deflated balloon.
I had managed to stay put in my last job, only because I had joined it suddenly one day and told mum about it a few days later when she could have done nothing about it, except hold an argument with me on that topic almost everyday since then. Well, I can apply the same trick this time too....but knowing the woman my mother is, she is too smart to fall in the same trap twice. She is not going buy it this time.

Does this mean no working with Prof. Langdon?

"What on Earth are you doing sitting in the middle of the corridor there?"

I look up to Ethan's voice. He is standing at the end of the corridor with a baffled expression staring at me.

And beside him is mum - looking down at my crouching form with an impassive face. Well, I am notorious to her and papa for my antics, so its been long since I've stopped getting embarrassed infront of either of them. And they in turn have long since stopped being surprised at whenever I displayed my antics.
Ethan it seems, haven't yet gotten used to it.

I stand up dusting my knee length red A-line skirt. Today I wore my favorite pair of clothes - the skirt paired with an off-white T-shirt. No buttons, no belts, no prints, cropped nowhere. I know, its quite plain, and there isn't much in it to be someone's favorite. But even though its simple and some have even called it old-fashioned...I find it pretty.