41| Newspaper reports

E L L O R A

There are shocked gasps from all over the room.

But its like my brain is wired as it commands my eyes to search for a specific man, only. I turn around, not so subtly, my eyes searching for professor.

My face turns bright crimson to find him still leaning against the doorway, staring intently at me. As if the room full of scientists do not exist. As if I am the only girl in the world-

Shut up, Ellora.

As usual, he is dressed in his shirt, pants and black duster, as if he had jumped right out of a twentieth century detective novel. His hands are buried inside his pants pocket, causing his duster to part from the middle, giving the world a view of his lithe, athletic professor body.

Lithe, athletic and professor?

Exactly my point.

I don't know how a man who sits around in his lab or classroom the entire day, can posses this physique. It is absolutely unfair to all those male models who starve themselves to death and slaves away in the gym to get some money.

My brain chooses that minute to remind me of a certain morning, me with a knife in my hand, in the living room mansion, him naked waist-up, water droplets over his sharp collerbones, shoulders, veiny arms...

Blinking furiously I turn around.

Okay, the man is sexy. And I am disgustingly attracted to him. But I am going to cut myself some slack over that. He is hotness personified. There is a reason why the female population in Moonsville college drooled on the path he walked on. I am a female, with working hormones. Ofcourse, I am attracted to him. But that doesn't mean I am ever going to act on the attraction ever again. The airport scorching hot lips to lips action- cause I absolutely refuse to accept even in my head that it was a real kiss- was a mistake. Whatever happened in the balcony, where, I shamelessly was robbed of my senses and allowed him to feast on my neck, was a mistake. Never. Again.

Doesn't have to be Stockholm syndrome when you're not acting on your desires right?

Right?

"So you are his student."

Zac's exclamation brings me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah." I say when his words register in my head.

"We have been working on that for days now." one of the scientists there says still staring at the machine. I read the name tag, which all of them have apparently on the breast pocket of their lab coats. Shane.

"And I fill real dumb right now. What's even the use of this much experience and degrees." The tall, lean guy named Mathew says.

I clear my throat awkwardness seeping through me. "Um, it's not like that. It's just I've worked on this machine when I used to do my internship-"

My eyes flicker to professor, whose eyes darkens at the words 'internship'. We all know how that internship- if it can even be called that- ended.

"-with professor. I worked on this for like three times the amount of time you worked on it."

"Why can't you be like those snobby bitches who takes credit at the littlest of thing? Why you gotta be so modest." Mathew groans. "It makes this even worse."

I don't know what to say to that so I keep quite.

Well I do have a lot to say to them. Zac, Shane, Mathew they all seem like decent guys. I want to shout to them at the top of my lungs that I have been kidnapped. But well I did have an arrangement with professor. And he did keep his end of the deal. Plus what's the guarantee these guys would help me? What's the guarantee they don't know already about my condition and chose not to help me? But if I take that risk and they turn out to be in Professor's side, then am gonna loose my only chance at information.