Chapter 20- Ice

—————

Bakugo stood in the middle of a city, a scowl on his face as frustration built up in him. He already knew he was terrible at social interaction, but it seemed like he forgot just how bad it was.

He glanced behind himself, at the store he nearly blew to pieces because he couldn't even get one sentence across without more emotions than he wanted exploding out of him. He sighed as he took out a piece of paper, harshly scratching the delicate material with a pencil.

That was another store down... Bakugo felt the paper crinkle underneath his fingers as he was reminded of all his failed 'conversation' attempts.

He was a person who would rather just get an obvious target and then strike down. Defeating villains that were on the street just like that, the idiots who thought they wouldn't be caught burning in broad daylight, were easy.

He never contributed to investigations or anything because talking was just so hard. He could communicate with his ex-classmates, but in a way where it was mostly one-sided and very unproductive.

But now, he needed to do this for Kirishima. Except whenever he tried, it never worked out. 

It took everything Bakugo had not to burn that small, unassuming note in his hand right then and there.

A few seconds later and he ended up shoving it into his pocket. He did the same with newfound anger, pushing them deep down with his other bottled emotions.

He felt almost nauseous for a moment, but managed to ignore it.

Painfully, Bakugo walked away from the store. He planned on going back to Kirishima, just to say there wasn't anything he found yet.

It was a stupid excuse just to go see the redhead, but he couldn't help it. There wasn't anything else he thought was worth doing at the time.

Since Bakugo tended to walk more than drive or anything, since he decided the extra time it took made the usual dull days feel brighter, that's exactly what he did.

Which meant he was usually okay walking next to people as long as they didn't accidentally run into him or anything.

And his day just got worse when someone did. 

Bakugo felt something- no, someone, slam into him suddenly, nearly knocking him over. He let out a surprised shout, stumbling backwards on his feet.

Thankfully, he didn't hit the ground, but he knew if the person had gone any faster, he definitely would've. 

On the other hand though, the person who did run into him wasn't so lucky. They were groaning on the floor, holding a hand to their head.

"Watch where you're going, dumbàss!" Bakugo snapped. The person- a man, looked up with wide eyes.

"Sorry!" he apologized quickly, picking himself up and giving a sloppy bow. Bakugo could already tell he was the type of person you could immediately forget afterwards.

He was dressed like an average businessman. Really average, actually. You could look over a crowd of people and he would just be a plain face no one would pay attention to.

Bakugo just scoffed at his apology. He didn't want to spend any more time with this stranger than necessary. He brushed past the man, with no intention of chatting. 

But suddenly, it was like everything froze. The temperature dropped. Bakugo felt stuck, despite his body moving.

Behind him, he heard a voice. The man's voice, but it was lower. Cold, like ice.