Chapter 32- Nick

—————

Bakugo fainted. He fainted.

More like blacked out, actually. The next thing he knew, his face was being slapped awake from a strong hand that only could've belong to Ashido.

The grass on the ground was sharp and spiky, but Bakugo couldn't bring himself to get up. He just opened his eyes blearily, staring at the faces of all his friends looking down on him.

"Should we take him into the hospital?" Kaminari's voice asked.

"Wait, he's waking up," that was Sero.

"B... Ba-Bakugo?" Kirishima managed to say.

Katsuki blinked. As energy began to circulate through him again, he tried pulling himself up, only for a rush of dizziness to swarm his head.

"Woah, woah, let's get you to a bench," Sero said, hoisting Bakugo up with one arm. "Mina, take the other side. Denki, can you get a water?"

"Alright!"

"I got it!" Ashido helped him up, and the three began to hobble over to a bench. The landing was pretty rough, the hard stone the bench was made of wasn't helping Bakugo at all.

Bakugo rubbed his head. Everything felt strange, and his head... his vision was warbling.

"I have it!" Kaminari shouted, chucking the water bottle straight at Sero. The tape-quirk user caught it swiftly and gave it to Bakugo.

The blond immediately drank from it. It was cool and refreshing, and Bakugo put it up against his head once he took a big gulp.

Sero was concerned. "Do you want to go inside?"

"'M fine." Bakugo grumbled. The alcohol smell from the hospital would probably cause him to faint again.

His eyes caught Kirishima without meaning to. That strange vision from earlier flickered in his eyes again. He shut his eyes close. Damnit, was he really starting to hallucinate?

Kirishima decided to sit down next to him, a face of stern worry that seemed to bore into Bakugo's body. The blond could tell... there were other thoughts swirled in there, some he might not want to acknowledge. 

"You're sure, right?" Ashido said. "Then we'll stay here with you!"

Bakugo was about to say something snappy, but was interrupted by a wave of nausea.

"But... why did you faint?" Kaminari questioned. "Were you just that dehydrated? It's not that hot."

Bakugo didn't respond, just took another sip of water. What he saw... that warping vision... there's no way he would ever tell anyone that, especially not with Kirishima standing right there.

"Or maybe, it was something we said," Sero eyes held too much suspicion to make Bakugo comfortable. "Was it?"

"No!" Bakugo snapped, even though the 'yes' was at the tip of his tongue. "You don't know what you're talking about, Tape Arms."

Sero held his arms up in mock surrender. "Hey, I'm just asking questions."

"We probably shouldn't be discussing the plan with you like this," Kaminari said. "Let's continue at the next meeting, 'k?"

Bakugo scoffed, but didn't disagree. He could handle a little conversation, it's just Kirishima was right there and could hear everything with... with them. 

Kirishima shouldn't have been focusing on such painful memories when he should be healing and resting so he could go somewhere other than that damn hospital-!

He felt someone tap his shoulder. His first instinct was to snap, but Kirishima's face came into view and he cooled down. Speaking of the redhead, what was he going to do with him now...?

Kirishima held a face of worry. When Bakugo looked at it, he saw the traces the flickering vision, the smiles he used to wear gone forever. If only... he could change that.

The first thing he could do was make sure Kirishima didn't worry about him too much.

"I feel better now," Bakugo suddenly announced, standing up. "Let's get outta here."

"Woah, already? You sure?" Kaminari asked, putting a hand on the ash-blond's forehead.

"Don't touch my face!" Bakugo swatted the male's hand away.

"Wait, are you gonna go back home?" Ashido asked. Kirishima eyes widened.

"Where else do I have to go, Pinky?" Bakugo snorted.

"Aww, well next time will be better!" Kaminari said, smiling. "Remember, Katsu, we're your friends here! Talk to us any time!"

Bakugo drank more water.

"We can stay here for a bit longer," Sero said, glancing at his phone. He turned to Kirishima. "Do you want to stay here, or go back into the hospital?"

Kirishima blinked, like he just came back to reality. Hastily, he pointed to the ground and said, "H... Here."

"Cool! More time with Kiri!" Ashido cheered. "We'll see you soon, Katsuki. You're feeling better, right?"

"I am!" Bakugo said loudly, and promptly left the garden. "Don't annoy Eiji!"

"B-Bye." Kirishima said raggedly, waving.

As Bakugo was leaving, a piece of paranoia suddenly found its way into him. With the three of them in there, would they talk about... everything? The organization? The plan?

Bakugo pressed a finger to his temple. Too many thoughts. 'Just stop thinking,' he told himself.

He took another sip of water, because it was ice-cold.

—————

836 words

A/N- when you need a mental hospital more than the person who was tortured for 5 years