Chapter 34- Marrow

—————

There was a villain up ahead. It was big, tall and towering. Two girls were trapped under it, cowering from the loud, rumbling voice that demanded... something from them, but no response left their mouths

Kirishima was just standing there, off to the side where he was safe. But he didn't want to be, not when there were two girls shaking in fear, about to die at the hands of the villain. 

He couldn't move though. He was stuck in place from his own fear, helpless.

Then suddenly, a pink figure zipped into the scene, yelling words that Kirishima couldn't understand, but he heard intent to protect.

He knew that girl... She was... she was... Ashido?

Kirishima woke up feeling rested before feeling an odd sense of confusion. He almost forgot where he was, like the white walls surrounding him were foreign. He knew he shouldn't have felt that, because the hospital was the only place he ever woke up to.

He huddled his legs closer to himself. Besides that feelings, what was that dream he just had? The pink figure definitely reminded him of Ashido, but he didn't think it took place at U.A.

Maybe they knew each other beforehand. But did Ashido ever tell him that? He thought about their conversation after Bakugo left. They were all so familiar with him, but was Ashido closer?

"Did you know that I used to have a dancing channel?" she said, after performing a particularly spectacular cartwheel. "They were so bad that I deleted them in high school, but it was still fun! How about I teach you to dance?"

"You sure he can do that?" Kaminari wondered. "I mean, when's the last time he's ever lifted a weight?"

"When's the last time you've ever lifted a weight?"

"Hey, I'll have you know I train every night! Right Hanta?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Hah, told you!"

He couldn't get much from that. Perhaps they weren't too close before U.A. Or maybe, that memory wasn't even a memory.

The door to his room opened while he was thinking, his nurse rolling in with a cart of supplies. She smiled at him, and started checking over him.

Kirishima let it happen, continuing his train of thought. And about what happened to Bakugo, he wondered if the blond was alright. After all that had happened, his feelings began mixing.

Bakugo was an amazing person. He was snappy but knew how to take care of someone, he was strong, smart, but above all, familiar. When Kirishima closed his eyes, he saw snippets of the happy memories spent with him, and he could see how to recreate that.

But it was impossible to in real life. Kaminari, Ashido, Sero, Midoriya, Jirou, everybody was just so happy. Joyful, casual, and trustful.

Bakugo fainted, and Kirishima would be lying if he said that wasn't extremely terrifying to see. But the other three were there, and they helped him. 

Then he just left, and god, why did Kirishima let him leave? Was Bakugo really okay?

Why didn't Bakugo... tell him what happened before he left?

"Hey, Kirishima, are you feeling down?" his nurse asked. "I can see it on your face."

Kirishima snapped out of his train of thought to the voice, the words processing through his brain. He wasn't sure how to respond.

"If you don't want to say, that's fine too," she said. "But communication is key. If you ever want to talk, us in the hospital are here."

Kirishima nodded.

"All right, you're good to go," she said, placing her materials back on the cart. "I'll see you soon, Kirishima." With her cart of supplies, the nurse left the room, leaving Kirishima alone once again. He flopped down on his bed, starting to feel a sense of doubt towards Bakugo.

Then suddenly, his body shook, and his eyes burned and tears started flowing for reasons unknown to him. Hinansho leapt up onto the bed and squeaked loudly, like a cry coming from Kirishima's own throat.

He didn't know why he was crying. Was there anything to even cry over? He didn't know, but Hinansho jumped off the bed and suddenly started scurrying elsewhere.

Kirishima reached his hand over the bed weakly, the empty space filling it pathetically. He shut his eyes, salty liquid streaking down his cheeks.

His emotions... why were they so strong?

——

She was huddled up in the corner of the cell, her toxic-green eyes whipping back and forth intensely, and the walls were closing up, closing, only to jerk back to their original position like nothing happened. They were warping, too close, too close.

She needed her injection. With it, it would stop, all of it would stop. These people would disappear and their voices would stop. Everything would stop.

Her sky-blue hair was frazzled and damaged, but she kept pulling at it, because it would only be a few more days... days... months, years, before it stopped?

Someone stopped at her cell. "Someone's here to see you."

"No!" she yelled, because nobody could see her. Nobody wanted to see her.

She felt someone grab at her clothes and drag her out. She screamed, her quirk useless under the effect of the chain on her wrist.

She took a step, and she teleported. But no... she couldn't teleport, right? Her quirk was that... the world that didn't exist. Or was it her that didn't exist? What truly existed?

"You're Hiyabu or some s---, right?" 

She didn't respond. She didn't want to, this person.. she hated this person but who was he?

"Answer me, woman!"

"Leave me alone!" she hissed. "I don't want to see you! Who are you?! Where is this?"

"What the hell are you saying? Have you gone nuts?!"

She shrieked, because she didn't want this. "No, no, I'm not dying!" her mouth said without her permission.

"Huh?"

She screamed, and the person in front of her was a threat, he was. She remembered him again, that angry face, because she did something wrong again, didn't she? 

"Go away! I'll leave you alone so leave me alone!"

"Wh-"

These two people were in her way instantly.

She took a step back. "Stop it... stop..."

"Listen, Hiyabu or whatever," the man said. "I dunno what the hell's wrong with you, but you're obviously not okay. So sit down, and you're going to be fine."

Fine. She's fine, and she not going to die. She looked at the chair, and sat down. She face the man, and he was talking again, but her voice blurred out. She didn't want to answer.

—————

1100 words

A/N- i had a dream where this fic reached 80 chapters and tbh i wouldn't be surprised if that happened

(Hi [火], yabu [破], 'fire break.' Doesn't really fit her color scheme but oh well)