Chapter 36- Ruched

—————

As Bakugo scanned the desolate lands that were the outskirts of the city, he couldn't help but think of how long the heroes were stationed outside the base. Hinansho was supposed to go in through the vents, with a camera to tell Hagakure everything was clear.

Then Hagakure would make herself completely invisible, and sneak inside then. After looking through the operations and finding important operatives, she would get back out and signal for the raid to start. 

Everything was going good at first, and it was still going good. But it took forever, and Bakugo wasn't exactly the most patient person. Being in a sandy, dusty area with only yellow and gray didn't help either. 

He could see one other hero getting restless too. Yaoyorozu, surprisingly, despite her usual demeanor of being calm and level-headed.

"Those security cameras frighten me," she mumbled. "Oh dear, how unlike me."  She took a couple deep breaths in.

Bakugo stared at her, then back to the base entrance, clicking his tongue.

Yaoyorozu took notice. "Oh, I'm sorry for distracting you Katsuki."

They both went back to watching. Or more like waiting, actually. They waited for so long that Bakugo was half-considering actually asking what was getting her down.

But he didn't, instead just flexing his fingers inside his thick gloves. It was then a small beep ringed in the earpiece he was wearing, alerting him instantly.

"Heroes, move in!"

They didn't waste any time. Quickly crushing the security camera next to him, Bakugo blasted open the top of that small building, and dived down into the halls teeming with people in white lab coats. 

They all screamed, fleeing in every direction like ants. Capture weapons were flying everywhere. Out of the corner of his eye, Bakugo could see Ashido skating out the building with Hinansho on her shoulder.

He didn't waste any time, blasting the scientists unconscious as he navigated through various halls. Bakugo was planning on finding the supervisor behind all this nonsense, and hopefully even the ringleader of the entire operation.

He found his way to a lower floor, ignoring the shattering of glass, screams, and the odd amount of objects being thrown everywhere. He looked around. Through some of the open white doors, he could see unconscious subjects, some with thrashing wildly and others with a glazed look over their face, unaware of outside events.

They wore a heavy amount of bandages. Bakugo grit his teeth so hard he could hear them screeching. Bursting past them, he captured more scientists , making his way around the floor. Other heroes were there too, so he went back to the staircase and went down again.

The staircase stopped there. 'This isn't where Eiji was in.' Bakugo thought. 'Unless there's another staircase.'

The chaos was still continuing on the third floor, so Bakugo used it to explore more rooms. Nearly all the rooms were identical, save for the people in them. However, he found other rooms, rooms that had vents and tubes connecting all across the walls, with a viewing room higher up. Bakugo didn't want to know what they were used for.

But uniquely on the third floor, Bakugo found a room that was purely archival. The brown wooden furniture in it gave off a much warmer feeling than the other rooms, with files and files decorating shelves pushed up against the wall, all perched up neat and straight. A wide desk was placed in the center, light brown with a darker brown accenting it.

Bakugo picked a file off a shelf. A subject profile, he saw, when he opened it up. It had everything on the person, from sickening experiments to basic identification. He closed it, placing it back on a random part of the shelf.