Chapter 8- Tearing Fabric

A/N- heyy im so sorry i havent updated in forever. 

————

Kirishima pressed his head against the thin hospital door. His fingers lightly touched the tight collar that burned him the night before.

"That's the third time that it has happened. Can't we just break the collar or something? He can use his quirk, he's not going to die."

"His skin is probably very damaged underneath the collar, and it's not that simple. We think there might be a metal rod sticking out in the collar."

"What? Do you have any proof of that? It's not budging an inch, how could you possibly think that? And even if there was, how is it that's he can move his neck without problems or even that he's still alive? The rod would burn him."

"It's not hard evidence or anything, in fact it's more like an inference. We took thermal body scans after the incident and managed to calculate an area where the heat is radiating from inside his neck. It's very complicated and not very reliable, but we're getting somewhere."

"Tsk. Can't we just focus on getting the thing off him instead of waiting? We should get that off him as soon as possible."

"Like I said, if what we think is true, it could damage him severely."

"But like you said, your theory doesn't have hard proof. We should take our chances."

Kirishima's isolation from human society and lack of education made it hard for him to understand everything. 

They talked about the hot-collar, he knew that much.

A small squeak interrupted his eavesdropping and alarmed him of somebody coming. Kirishima felt his heart jump as he ran back to his hospital room. 

Thankful for his quiet footsteps, he successfully snuck back like nothing ever happened. The sky was a warm, gold color, turning dark blue, which would eventually turn black. That was how he knew the hallways would be empty.

Hinansho crawled underneath the bed where nobody could see him. Kirishima got into a comfortable sleeping position while slowly trying to process what he heard.

He absentmindedly touched the collar again. For some reason, it's been activating a lot lately, without warning.

It was frightening.

He needed to know why. He was out of the experimentation facility he was in, but still, the collar activated, even when he hadn't done anything.

A punishment for no reason. The torture still continued. 

The unwanted memories of the pain he felt resurfaced. He wanted to feel comfort. Like the kind he felt with the person in his memories, from years ago. He didn't know how long 'years ago' was, but it didn't matter.

Spiky blond hair, red eyes, arrogant, confident attitude, he knew happiness from it. A different type of happiness from him.

He knew love for his parents, who he could remember much better after the many photo albums they gave him. The memories he thought he had forgotten resurfaced, and he couldn't have been happier from it.

Everybody else was still a mystery. Each one of them was so different, he wanted to remember what they were like.

But he also couldn't forget everything that happened in that building. The scars, both mental and physical, would stay there for a long time, if not, forever.

The cries of everybody who was there still scream in his head at night, the day, sometimes when he just looked at surgical instruments.

Heroes.

He could remember faint stories and people from them. And as he's heard, a lot of the people he knew were heroes.

Maybe they could help Kirishima, and help find the organization that tortured him. He didn't want anybody else to suffer from them.

—————

615 words

A/N- it took me eight chapters to actually get to the main plotline now haha