Chapter 42- Learn

—————

Bakugo hated how nervous he was as he stood outside of the Yaoyorozu mansion. All he had was his phone in his pant pocket and a semi-recovered wound, with nothing to help the conversation as he was severely out of the loop.

He'd spent around three to four days resting after being discharged, and spent another day and a half catching up on the discoveries of the raid. Bakugo went through a couple of reports since he had nothing to do in that last day of recovery.

On his computer, he had clicked on a document containing a brief summary of the experiment results pulled from the direct files. There were many tests, running from electricity, blades, fire and animals being sicced on subjects. At that point, everyone could see that the organization's main goal was to create a human that could withstand anything.

Bakugo thought of Kirishima's collar. That's what he had to endure, the heat of the collar. That was only one experiment in a sea of others, but look at how much pain he'd suffered already.

He clicked out of that file pretty quickly, as he'd already known most of the stuff on it. He was more interested in knowing where the next lab was, or better yet, where the boss of the operation was. 

He had started to go through more documents. He stopped after the second one.

He thought of his classmates, and he'd literally told himself a few days ago that he'd go to one. The next one was tomorrow.

So why did he stop reading the reports? It was better to gain more information so he could contribute in the conversation more. 

He supposed he was just getting too distracted. He was too eager to completely skip that day.

However, when he ended up standing in front of the Yaoyorozu mansion, he suddenly became anxious. He didn't want to talk more about the organization or the investigation. That wasn't the only thing he wanted to say.

Bakugo wasn't going to interrupt the entire meeting for his problems though. Perhaps afterwards? Maybe talking one-on-one would be better with some of the more personal things he wanted to talk about.

He obviously hadn't forgotten about Hagakure. He also remembered the constant annoyances that were Kaminari, Sero, and Ashido. As difficult as they were to deal with, Bakugo could barely remember his first year of U.A. without them. He could remember Midoriya.

But he couldn't remember many of them. Ironically, he could remember their names more than their personalities, just because their group chat kept popping off every two seconds.

Was a rift like that even repairable? To be so far apart from the rest of the group you couldn't even remember half of them? Bakugo was actually fine if that half of the group wasn't considered his friends. They were probably fine with that arrangement too. It's just that, having no memories of your classmates who you spent three entire years with was depressing. He just needed to know them.

While contemplating on how to go rekindling some... friendships? Were they considered friendships? Whatever, if didn't matter. When he continued trying to think about how to speak to his former classmates, he ended up being dragged inside the house before he even had a chance to finish.

"Kacchan, you're here!" Midoriya exclaimed.

Bakugo instinctively pulled his hand away. That was a little too much already. If he was that sensitive already, how was he going to survive the rest of the hour?

"I know I'm here, Deku!" Bakugo clenched his hand. "Don't drag me in here."

"Sorry," Midoriya said with a sheepish grin. "But everybody is healed up, and you're healed up, and we're all revving to go! Come on, you're still a bit early. Momo and Kyoka are making tea and snacks for everyone."