Chapter 9- Inkwell

—————

Bakugo watched Kirishima swallow a small handful of pills as the nurse left the room. He looked over at the doctor to the right of him with a questioning look.

The doctor shrugged. "He asked for you, I think. So go on in there, I'll give you two some privacy."

"Thanks." Is what Bakugo tried to say but ended up mouthing the words more than saying them.  He walked into the room and closed the door behind him. 

 Kirishima laid down a cup of water. He waved a little bit. 

"What is it?" Bakugo asked straightforwardly. He watched as the other picked up a messy drawing and held it out. 

It had a logo on it. It was pure black, and the shape zagged out in random directions. He didn't know if it was just the drawing or if the logo actually looked like that.

Bakugo couldn't figure out which company or organization it represented, so he looked over at Kirishima. 

Taking his glance as a signal, Kirishima moved his black hair from his neck. He tapped the collar. His eyes were glistening, like he had cried while he drew on the paper.

What did that mean? Bakugo looked at the drawing then back up at the collar. A bad feeling rose inside of him.

"Are these the bastards that took you?!" Bakugo asked more aggressively than he would've liked.

Kirishima nodded slightly, then started shaking. The shaking grew, and eventually crying. His eyes glazed over, not focusing on anything, a noise that sounded like a mixture of a scream and a wail came from his lips. A mental breakdown.

"Shìt!" Bakugo cursed. He didn't know what to do. Five years ago he knew exactly what to do to cheer Kirishima up. But this wasn't past Kirishima, this was a new one. One with incurable mental scars, paranoia, who was fragile.

Bakugo felt anger rising up in him, for the rotten people who had taken away his Kirishima, broke him up and returned him in missing, cracked pieces. He wanted to burn them with his own hands.

He lost to those monsters before, but he wouldn't lose again. He would damn them all to hell over and over and over if he needed to. 

He didn't realize his arms were around Kirishima. There was no flinching or shoving or any of that like before.

It brought Bakugo back to reality. He put away his raging hatred to comfort Kirishima, just like five years ago. It looked like it helped, which hurt and made him feel glad at the same time.

After a while of calming Kirishima down, the blond went back to studying the drawing. But his eyes always managed drift back to Kirishima.

He took the drawings back to his house, after leaving the hospital. 

The pain he kept inside of him rose knowing another day had gone by without Kirishima remembering. He ignored it.

Bakugo grabbed his phone and snapped a photo of the drawings he was shown earlier. He sent it to the police for investigation. He also sent the photos to his old classmates, they all seemed eager to help.

He tried doing some research of his own, but didn't come up with anything. He just had to wait. But he was impatient.

He spent hours mindlessly staring down the drawings. 

The windows eventually had orange light glowing through it, and Bakugo felt tired. He laid down in his bed, trying to fall asleep even though it was early.

He wanted the day to be over with.

—————

592 words

A/N- how was your day?