Chapter 43- Linked

—————

"Hey, Katsuki," Hagakure asid, as they left the room. "After you got mad them, and I got mad at you, were you mad at me?"

"Why do you wanna know about that?" Bakugo grumbled. He didn't want to keep talking. His face was already too heated.

"Eh? Why wouldn't I?" Hagakure said back. "I mean, I didn't know if we could talk or not, and I was still kinda mad at you and stuff, and I thought you were mad at me-"

"What's the point?" Bakugo asked impatiently.

"Were you mad at me?" Hagakure repeated. "There's not much else to it, and I don't really know how to say it better! If we're gonna be talking more, of course I'd wanna know if you were mad."

Bakugo crossed his arms. The truth. She probably knew already. He was always mad. "Of course I was mad at you, See-Through. Why would I like you yelling at me?"

"Still at it with those nicknames," Hagakure chuckled. "I mean, I know you were mad at me initially, but are you still mad at me?"

"Are you?" Bakugo deflected. "Mad at me. Still."

"Hmm," Hagakure thought. "Not really, I guess. I was before, obviously. But then we started making more progress and... I just think that we wouldn't have gotten this far if you hadn't done that. I still don't know if it was worth the lives and the damage though."

"It's terrible," Bakugo spat. "All of them are going to rot in hell soon enough!"

"Yeah!" Hagakure cheered. "They were always in hell though, I think."

"You mean because they were suffering from illnesses or something?" Bakugo grunted. "That doesn't mean that they can go around torturing people!"

"Of course not!" Hagakure exclaimed. "I just think about it sometimes. Their research has made really fruitful discoveries, and if they did this in under more... legal means, we'd have cures for a lot of diseases!"

"Well I don't care what those monsters have discovered!" Bakugo snapped. "I'm never going to support whatever the hell they did."

"Yeah," Hagakure said quietly, as they walked into the living. "It's really scary, what they wanted to achieve. I can't believe they used Kirishima for their experiments."

"Nobody wanted to believe that." Todoroki said, coming in from behind.

"I don't think they could." Midoriya added. 

Yaoyorozu and Jirou had set up the coffee table with an enormous platter of meat, cheese and crackers. There was a selection of fruit on the side for Koda. There were many pots of tea, and everybody had a tea cup in their hands.

Bakugo snorted. It was ridiculously fancy, but since it was Yaoyorozu, it had to be expected. He accepted a cup of tea from Jirou, who insistently shoved a cup of tea into his chest. Somehow, she didn't spill any liquid.

After snapping at her, Bakugo went aside to one of the chairs that filled the space between the couches. Ashido happily sat down on the couch adjacent to the chair, leaning over into his space.

"Get your face out of my chair!" Bakugo said, shoving the pink-skinned girl back.

"Alright, alright!" Ashido laughed, before reaching to the coffee table and picking up an abomination of a cracker stacked with meat and cheese slices. She popped it in her mouth. "So," she said after swallowing. "What'd you talk to Toru about?"

"That's none of your business, Pinky," Bakugo drained all of his tea in one go. There was no way he was telling Ashido of all people that he apologized to Hagakure. It would be too embarrassing, with someone with as loud of a mouth as she had.