eleven

"Are you feeling more comfortable now?"

Flinching at the sudden voice, Yeri glanced up towards the boy who stood before her. Hugging the throw pillow tightly, Yeri cautiously scooted away from the taller boy before nodding her head curtly. Her gown was getting itchy and the least they did for her was provide comfortable clothes.

"I know you're scared, mad and probably really confused right now, but we just did what's best for you,"

"You have absolutely no clue what's best for me Ricco," Yeri snapped at Ni-ki as her red puffy eyes stared hardly into his.

Nibbling his bottom lip in contemplation, a bright idea popped up in the younger boy's head. Although he was a merciless rookie killer, the 16 year old boy couldn't bear the sight of innocent people suffering. After growing up in Apocalypse, Nishimura Riki only wanted the bad guys gone.

Bad guys like Papa.

"Give me a minute, Your Highness!" Ni-ki exclaimed as he darted towards the kitchen.

As she watched the pink-haired boy in confusion, Yeri only grumbled internally at how Ni-ki addressed her. She was tired and stressed over a situation she had no control over. There were no phones, no TV and no necklace. She was trapped in a house with 4 boys belonging to Apocalypse, the mafia associated linked closely to the royal rejects.

"I made breakfast while you were busy crying your eyes out here! I'm not sure if you spoiled royals ever had bungeoppang, but it's my favourite!" Ni-ki rambled as he set down a plate of bungeoppang for Yeri.

Rubbing her visibly, teary eyes, Yeri glared at Ni-ki as she glanced at the plate of fish-shaped pastry. Although it was unfamiliar to her, the aroma the sweet bread held was enough for Yeri's stomach to grumble. As much as she wanted to deny the plate of food, she was starving.

"What if you're trying to poison me?" Yeri muttered her anxious thoughts aloud, causing Ni-ki to scoff in response.

"What makes you think that?!" Ni-ki yelled in offence, whining once again as he stared wide-eyed at Yeri.

"Because your idiot leader drugged me you doofus!" Yeri yelled back as she rolled her eyed at the oblivious boy.

Scratching his neck awkwardly after being reminded of the ironic situation, Ni-ki groaned impatiently before snatching a piece from the plate. Showing it to Yeri, Ni-ki took a big bite from the fish-shaped bun before swinging his legs happily.

"If you eat one, I'll explain everything to you!" Ni-ki offered, his mouth full from the bungeoppang he was eating.

Glaring at the carefree boy, Yeri hesitantly took a piece of the warm pastry before taking a small bite. Her eyes lit up in satisfaction at the buttery taste of the bread and suddenly, she felt slightly comforted in the situation she was in. Unable to conceal her contented smile, Yeri glanced at Ni-ki before nodding in satisfaction.

"I'm glad you like it, Your Highness!" Ni-ki beamed as he reached out for another piece.

"You can call me Yeri," the princess uttered softly as she reached out for another piece as well.

Contented that he was able to comfort the princess, Ni-ki smiled proudly to himself before handing over his piece to Yeri. The 16 year old believed that if managed to touch Yeri's heart, maybe someone would finally listen to their stories.

Maybe she would be that someone who could help them heal from the trauma and pain.

Someone he believed Kim Sunoo could find love in.

"Okay then Yeri! I'm Ni-ki, but since you're the first person to ever appreciate bungeoppang, you can call me Riki,"