twenty-four

Barging in through every bedroom door, Sunoo was only greeted by darkness again and again. Not again would he let anyone harm his boys or his darling's loved ones. Swinging his bedroom door open, Sunoo was finally greeted by a familiar figure who sat hidden underneath his study table.

"Jungwon!" Sunoo exclaimed as he ran towards the trembling prince.

"S-Sunoo, he hurt Jay. He hurt your f-friends too and he said he's going to hurt Yeri next! W-Where the fuck were you?!" Jungwon rambled anxiously as he gripped onto Sunoo's collar.

"Yeri was with me Won—Wait, Papa came here?!" Sunoo urgently asked as he stood the bruised boy up to his feet.

"He said he was going to take the crown from all of us. He said he's going to make you pay Sun," Jungwon continued rambling as he walked out of the dark bedroom.

Sighing impatiently at the distressed prince, Sunoo gave up trying to retain information. As he stopped before Sunghoon's room. He hoped and prayed that his partner was inside—that Jake and Sunghoon were alive.

Swinging the door open, he was only greeted by how scarily quiet his room was. The light was on yet there was no sign of Jake and Sunghoon, not even the foolishness of hiding in the wardrobe was detected.

The only thing that struck out in the bland bedroom was a large box topped with a red bow on the carpeted floor.

Boldly approaching the box, Sunoo quickly lifted its lid before a look of horror struck his face. A mixture of sadness, guilt and anger engulfed his cold heart once again. Reaching for the note taped onto the ungodly gift, Sunoo opened the note before feeling his heart burn with rage.

Papa was dead—his head decapitated from his body and left in a gift box for Sunoo to find. Why was he crying over the man who turned him into a monster? Why was he grieving?

Papa pushed Sunoo beyond his limit the moment he took him in—the only man who gave Hell to the runaways and Royal rejects even if it meant scarring them for life. Sunoo was supposed to be his successor which meant he received more than just physical scars.

It meant scoring his first kill at the age of 9, it meant immunising Sunoo from the evil behind murder. It meant getting battered and bruised daily to the point he'd start pushing away those who tried to touch him, in fear of getting hurt again.

Yet, Papa taught him values. One being to never leave family behind, in which he referred to as the Four Horsemen. He made him strong in the most painful way possible.

Surrounded by the deadly silence of the bedroom, the blonde-haired boy reminisced the happy and painful moments spent with Papa. It was tough love between a father and son; a strange bond only understood by the both of them.

There did Sunoo realise that Papa was a pawn all along in his plan.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hope you like my gift Sunoo :)

May you pay for your sins and end up like this old fucker.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE MORNING AFTER

"Hey Riki," Yeri greeted softly as she placed a tray of food before the young boy.

"Where's my food?! You only baby Riki!" Heeseung huffed out before crossing his arms.

"I don't know who the hell Mr. Boombox is but I agree!" Jay added on before quickly dodging a water bottle Yeri threw at him.

After last night's events, Yeri and Sunoo were left to clean up the messy state of the apartment as well as treat their friends' wounds. That night Sunoo barely got any sleep, his silence disturbingly noticeable by Yeri who only worried about his state of mind.

"What happened last night?" Sunoo questioned tiredly as he took a seat at the dining table.

Everyone but Yeri and Sunoo glanced at each other unsurely. With Jungwon as the only who knew everything, he sure was hesitant as hell in disclosing last night's events.

"All of you got hurt, Jungwon was hiding and Jake and Sunghoon are nowhere to be found! Now answer Sunoo's question before I take away the food," Yeri threatened, sending a wink at Sunoo before lowering her gaze again.

"The four of us were completely knocked out by Papa's men. The power went out briefly and triggered our fight response. Jungwon was the only one who took off and hid though," Ni-ki responded sullenly.

Diverting his gaze to his darling's twin, Sunoo narrowed his eyes down at Jungwon. With his disheveled hair and distressed state, the prince was aggressively scrolling through his phone. Something didn't settle right in the panicked look on Jungwon's face.

"It was Jake Sim, wasn't it? Sunoo mentioned that you told him someone was here to take the crown from the three of you! Who else could it be?" Yeri concluded as she gestured towards Jungwon, Jay and Sunoo.

"Ri... look at this. We're so screwed, Dad's gonna kill us. The crown's been taken by the same asshole I saw knocking the shit out of them," Jungwon stated anxiously as he shoved his phone in his sister's hands.

Frowning in dismay, Yeri clutched onto Jungwon's phone before looking down at the illuminating screen. Clasping a hand over her mouth, Yeri's eyes widened in shock before looking at Sunoo.

"What is it darling?" Sunoo sighed in frustration as he returned Yeri's look of surprise.

"Son of a bitch," Yeri trailed off as she handed her brother's phone to Sunoo.

The environment surrounding the group of youngsters was tense as they anticipated the good and bad of the news Sunoo was about to read. By the looks of his expression, there was no good news. Scoffing in the shock of it all, Sunoo's expression darkened before he threw Jungwon's phone at the wall.

Another value taught by the dead; you can tell about the evil behind a person once they are no longer ashamed.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

!! BREAKING NEWS !!

LOST PRINCE FINALLY FOUND HIS WAY BACK HOME AFTER 11 YEARS.

PARK SUNGHOON, AGED 20, FROM THE PARK COLONY WALKED INTO THE ROYAL PALACE TODAY AT 10:45AM.

THE KING'S CORONATION WILL BE POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE DUE TO THE APPEARANCE OF THE SUPPOSED HEIR.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

+

━━━━━━━━━
A/N:

uh-oh plot twist 😱

hehe

━━━━━━━━━