twenty-five

[ picture^: ©ADORE @ado2re on Twitter ]

+

EAST WING: PARK COLONY

"Why did you do that?" Jake asked sadly as he looked at Park Sunghoon's reflection in the mirror.

"I had to. I have to take back what's rightfully mine. It's what I've been planning all along," Sunghoon uttered lowly, his gaze dark as he stared back at Jake.

"Did you really have to hurt them?" Jake retorted back as he spun the now, cold prince around.

"Them? No, I wanted to hurt Sunoo. There's a lot of things this fucking kingdom doesn't know about Sunoo and I. The only way to hurt the Devil is by hurting those dear to him," Sunghoon spat out as he gripped tightly onto Jake's hands.

Looking at his menacing eyes with his kind ones, Jake couldn't help but feel sorry for the boy before him. He was lucky enough to see the warm side of him before his true colours showed. Sunghoon's gaze was laced with resentment and vengeance, no longer did he conceal his hurt.

"Then why didn't you hurt me as well? You hurt my friends and spared my life even though we barely know each other," Jake questioned as he avoided Sunghoon's gaze.

Lifting Jake's chin with the utmost grace, Sunghoon flashed a warm smile at the Fourth Prince of SK. For a split second, Jake recognised the gentleness and warmth he was infatuated with. The same smile from Sunghoon that made his heart flutter.

Unfortunately, the dark side in Sunghoon prevailed, causing the taller boy to smirk evilly in response to Jake's question.

"Just like my half-brother, I too am a Devil— and you, Jake Sim, are undeniably dear to me for some unknown reason. I can't let anyone hurt you,"

???

"Son of a fucki-"

"You're not allowed to swear Riki," Yeri pointed at Ni-ki, who was busy raging over the news told to them.

"—ng bitch! I hate him, I can't believe I trusted that asshole over the past few years!" Ni-ki continued ranting as he rolled on the living room floor.

"It's surprising that he didn't hurt Jake Sim though," Jay pondered aloud, catching everyone's attention.

Silently seething in frustration, Sunoo showed disinterest in the group's conversation. The only thing that mattered to him was keeping everyone safe from the real enemy—Park Sunghoon. Seeing that Papa had passed on, he inherited a great deal of responsibility over Apocalypse.

Everything didn't make sense to Sunoo. Why would Sunghoon turn after all these years? Why was he suddenly in line for the throne? As much as Sunoo cared about the latter, Sunghoon left without an explanation. It made Sunoo wonder if he was at fault for the boy's betrayal.

The only way to stop Sunghoon's reign on everyone was if Kim Sunoo was ready to step out of the shadows. However, he'd only do whatever he had in mind if Yeri was on board with it.

"Hey, you okay?"

Snapping out of his sullen daze, Sunoo turned around only to come faced with Yang Yeri. The storm in his mind and heart eased the moment he felt her presence.

"If you can't tell, I have a lot on my mind," Sunoo responded bluntly as he sighed tiredly.

"I have a plan on how to stop Sunghoon from his next trick, but I'm not entirely sure if you're up for it," Yeri said as she gently held his arm.

"A plan? Do tell princess," Heeseung butted in curiously after eavesdropping on their subtle moment.

Shooting Heeseung a glare, Sunoo huffed out in annoyance as he turned to face the rest of his people. Then again, Sunoo was reminded about the reasons of his existence. Despite Sunghoon's absence, Ni-ki and Heeseung were still his reason to stay alive and protect them.

Now with the addition of two princes and his darling, it drove Sunoo to fight harder. If he ended up dead, so be it. The only lives that mattered to him belonged to everyone surrounding him.

"What's the plan Yeri?" Jay asked urgently, already riled up at the fact he was dead to everyone at the palace.

Nodding his head reassuringly, Jungwon smiled at his sister before taking off his Colony's ring on his finger. It was a pity that the current princes in the room had no more place at the palace—all but the lost prince.

"We'll crash Sunghoon's Coronation which will be held next Friday evening. We'll attend looking like royals but we'll wreck the whole ceremony instead," Yeri started hesitantly but smiled confidently as she felt Sunoo's hand slip into hers.

"Chaos, I like that sound of that Ri!" Jay and Heeseung beamed excitedly as they started prancing around the room.

"But wreaking havoc won't get rid of his ass on the throne," Ni-ki uttered lowly, his menacing gaze in full view as he looked up at Yeri.

Hesitant in replying to Niki's question, Yeri glanced at Sunoo unsurely. She didn't know whether or not her plan would be trigger the shadow in him. Yeri didn't want him to spiral again.

"But Sunoo will," a voice spoke for Yeri instead.

Walking up to Sunoo with his arms crossed, Jungwon extended out a hand before smiling softly at the blonde-haired boy. His eyes holding the same care and kindness as his darling.

"You promised me you'd protect my sister. Even though I'm done for in my colony, it doesn't mean that she is," Jungwon started as his eyes shifted between Yeri and Sunoo.

"What are you trying to imply?" Sunoo raised a brow, seeing that The Yang Twins had the same vision he had.

"Yeri will still be crowned Queen regardless of her absence. Every King needs his Queen. In this case, it's the other way around," Ni-ki uttered quietly, his eyes widening in shock at the plan being shared.

Smirking in response, Sunoo shook his head in amusement as he locked eyes with Yeri who was trying to avoid his gaze. Tilting her chin gently in order to meet her eyes, Sunoo smiled goofily before nodding his head.

"For you, I'll be your King and you as my equal. None of that misogynist shit. We'll lead everyone to freedom," Sunoo chuckled as he looked into Yeri's hopeful eyes.

"We?"

"You and I, darling,"

+

━━━━━━━━━
A/N:
10 chapters to go :" (I think)

savour the sweet and funny moments,
happily ever after doesn't exist in this book.

ha.

━━━━━━━━━