papa's journal.

Date: 23 April 2010

Today I took in the Future King of South Korea. Kim Sunoo is his name, a bright and caring boy at that.

This boy has triggered the fatherly instinct in me, he now holds a soft spot in my heart. It's a pity the country won't be able to be under his reign, I believe this boy wields a great deal of  heart and potential.

Park Dongchul ordered me to kill him, he wanted his son to claim the throne instead of sweet Sunoo.

I couldn't kill the boy even after murdering his cousin and Guards. My conscience wouldn't allow the weak to die without fighting for their lives. I'll raise him to be like me. There's no one else to raise him but me. I might as well instil the harsh reality of life into his mind now than later.

By all means, Kim Sunoo will no longer fear the world nor anyone living on this planet.

Date: 25 April 2012

Today Park Dongchul announced on live television he'd kill me. Not that I'm afraid of dying, but afraid of leaving my army— my children behind.

This country became more corrupted than what i originally expected.

Right now, I'm writing down a warning. When he's older and ready, I hope he hates me a little less for my sins after reading this. He deserves to know everything, he deserves to be prepared when the monster within his loved one comes forward.

It's been two years since I took Kim Sunoo under my wing.. my memory is slowly failing me and I'm afraid I won't remember much about him in the future.

My dear son Sunoo, before your mother was crowned Queen, she was in love with someone else; someone who wasn't your father. Park Dongchul was your mother's first love, they had a son before you.

Park Sunghoon was his given name.

My dear son Sunoo, you have to understand that even if you entered the world a little bit earlier than the rest, that doesn't make you weaker. When you're old enough, you'll have to fight for your life.

You'll have to fight against your half-brother for the throne, your half-brother who'll grow out of his love for you and will instead resent you. Despite all that resentment, continue to love your brother.

Sunghoon is just as much a pitiful soul like you. Angst and hatred already instilled into his young heart without a valid reason why. I blame his father for raising him that way, I blame your mother for neglecting Sunghoon.

When the time comes on who gets to rightfully sit on the throne, claim it as your own. Park Sunghoon will grow into a dangerous and loveless boy.

By all means, you'll have to kill him.