Chapter 6 - Emotional

Ouch, my back hurts. This chair is so uncomfortable, my bum's gone numb.

Reese has been in surgery for an hour. Apparently the knife she was stabbed with wasn't clean and they need to clean out the wound and stitch it up. She also lost a lot of blood. I'm so scared, what if she doesn't wake up?

It's my fault, I could've been there earlier to stop the person from stabbing her.

Buzz...Buzz...Buzz...Bu-

Harry's name flashed on my screen.

"Hey." I croaked, rubbing my newly washed hands over my head, dried blood stuck in my finger nails.

"So? How did it go?" He asked, I heard laughter from the guys in the background. Louis shrieked and I heard a thump.

"Louis! Give me back my knickers!" I heard Katie shout, my mouth picked up slightly into a smile but then fell again.

"Liam? You there?"

"Harry..." I warned, he hushed everyone as I talked.

"Reese is in surgery."

Silence, that's what filled the seconds. From the shouting in the background I could now hear nothing.

I heard ruffling and Katie started to speak, I heard Louis muttering in the background. Repeating Harry's name.

"W-what? W-why is sh-she in surgery?" Katie asked, her innocent voice trembling at the thought of her best friend.

"I found her on the kitchen floor in your house, lying in a pool of blood." Katie whimpered.

"W-why? How-how did i-it happen?" she trembled.

"She was stabbed, I don't know who did it. Just there was a knife laying on the floor next to her, coated in blood." Now it was my turn to whimper. The phone ruffled again and Perrie's voice echoed through my ears.

"Is she going to make it? How much longer will she be under?" 

"I don't know, they said up to two hours. She's got one more hour to go." I explained, straightening in the chair. My eyes flickered over to the clock on the wall.

"Where are you?" This was Eleanor.

"Sitting in the waiting room, staring at the clock."

"Liam, I just need to talk something over with the guys. I'll call you back in about ten minutes." Her serious voice comforted me, she sounded confident. 

"Okay." 

Silence took over again as she hung up. Watching the clock tick away the anxiety I felt inside.

Eleanor's P.O.V

I hung up and gave Harry back his phone, Liam was on loud speaker and everyone was in shock. Louis had left my side and was now trying to get Harry to respond, Katie was whimpering and her bottom lip trembling as Niall held tightly onto her hand. Zayn was wrapped around Perrie who was crying into his shoulder and I was sitting there, dumbfounded.

"What do you need to say?" Zayn asked, Perrie lifted her head out of the crook of his head. Her eyes red and puffy. 

"I think Liam needs some company - and help." I stated, Harry looked up. Louis caught on to what I was implying.

"El, we can't. We have to be here, millions of fans have paid a lot of money to come and see us. We can't just bail." Harry turned to him, frowning and standing up.