Chapter 24 - Together

Sunday 15th February 

Three and a half weeks later

Reese's P.O.V

"Here, you choose what you want to watch. I need to go and do something." Mark stated, chucking the remote control at me. I nodded at him, not taking my eyes off the screen. I was still unbelievably pissed at him after he'd 'forbidden me' to speak to Liam.

I wonder when he's going to call him?

My eyebrows furrowed together and my body soon followed my confused feelings. I sat up after slouching on the sofa and turned my head to the right. I caught the sight of Mark stealthily taking out my phone from his pocket just before he shut the door.

I hate him.

It took me awhile to realise just what kind of feelings I possessed for this man, but now I know. I hate him, so much. I'm even contemplaiting moving back into my own house, but I can't do that until Eleanor and Perrie come back from America. They won't let me live on my own - not until I'm out of this depression shit.

Perrie and Eleanor aren't flying back for another week.

I have to fight back such a powerful erge to run after Mark, to rugby tackle him to the floor and pound his face in until he willingly gives me my rights back. Sometimes I drive myself crazy and even go so far as to hastily stand up, my fists clenched so tight that my knuckles are white. I can't attack him though, it would be awfully wrong and plus, I'm too weak to even make him lose his balance slightly.

I just hope he doesn't batter Liam too much.

Oh god, this hurts. What if he says something awful? What if he tells Liam that I hate him or something? It was only last night that I realise he was just as broken as me, we were just dealing with it in different ways.

Liam's P.O.V

I haven't been this happy in weeks, I actually slept last night.

I chucked the duvet off of my bare chest and sat up on the side of the bed, the thick, red carpet hugging my toes with warmth. I smiled to myself and looked out the window. It was an alright day, the sun was out but there were a few clouds. This didn't bother me though, I was in an unimaginable good mood. It'a incredible, you know. Absolutely incredible how just hearing her voice made my mouth hold this grin that no other person could pry onto my lips. Oh, and what she said, how that she wasn't dealing with our split very well, it was like a weight being lifted off my shoulders. 

I let go of the white curtain and watched it flow back down to the ground, lightly resting on the thick, red strands of carpet. I got up and yawned, stretching my arms above my head.

I stood next to my suitcase, staring down at my crumple of clothes inside it. My mind was elsewhere, wondering if Reese woke up just as happy as me.

There was a knock at my door, a hard, sure knock that yanked me out of my thoughts. "Hey, Liam! You up?" It was Eleanor.

I quickly slipped on some tracksuit bottoms and a random t-shirt, "Yeah, hang on!" I called back, swaggering over to the brown door. I pushed hard on the metal handle and pulled the door towards me. She was leaning against the wall opposite, fiddling with the ends of her hair. She looked up at me, a small smile appearing on her face.

"Morning!" She chirped, I smiled back. 

"Where's Louis?" I asked, leaning against the door frame.

She shrugged, "Downstairs getting breakfast with Niall, Zayn and Perrie. Not sure where Harry is though..." She trailed off, looking out the window at the end of the hall. "Anyway!" She yelped, turning her attention back to me, "Can we talk?"