Chapter 18 - I want to go back

~Recap~

There she was.

The girl I was just about to admit everything to, show my true vulnerability to.

Standing in the middle of her ex boyfriend's kitchen.

Kissing him.

...

That's it, I can't do this anymore.

I'm done.

~Recap over~

Reese's P.O.V

I can't believe I'm doing this, why am I kissing Mark?!

Still, I can't stop. He's not a bad kisser either, he never has been. His lips are so plush and soft they just kind of glide over my lips. I think, he's an even better kisser than Liam.

Except Liam actually made me feel something, something... indescribable. Compared to how Liam made me feel when kissing, this is crap! How long have we been kissing now? Can't of been that long. 

I opened my eyes to glance at the time, my eyes searching the wall for the clock. Instead, my eyes fell upon three people.

The first one had a completely speechless look on her face; Eleanor.

The second, looked so confused and maybe even a little disappointed; Perrie.

The third made my heart skip a beat. He'd come back?! But-but he ran out on me! Why has he come back?

...Oh no, he's staring at Mark and I lip locking in the middle of the kitchen. There's a look on his face that I've never seen before - on him anyway. He looks... defeated. So very defeated, and also like someone who has just decided to give in. All the energy in his features seems to have drained out and all that is left is a stern, emotionless face. One that a loser of a great battle would wear. 

I zoned back into reality and realised Mark hadn't even noticed that three people were watching us. He was still making slurping noises as he nibbled on my bottom lip. My eyes locked with Liam's, the look of loss suddenly disappeared. This was so sudden that I immediately cocked my head to the side, wondering why his features were now so... angry.

My eyebrows furrowed and I unlatched my lips from Mark's, they tingled and felt very swollen from... ten minutes of kissing?!

Ten minutes? Why didn't anyone stop me!

Mark shot me a confused look and then turned around, a proud smirk appearing on his lips. 

"Mark, give us a minute?" Eleanor asked, he nodded and walked out - winking at me as he did so.

As soon as he shut the kitchen door I felt so small, I know I'm younger than all of them but it hasn't ever really affected me, this time it did. Again, they were staring at me like I was some disobedient child.

"Reese, what're you doing?" Perrie sighed, looking like she was utterly fed up. What've I done? Who've I hurt? Liam doesn't love me, Perrie! Hello? He told me!

"What do you mean, 'what am I doing' ? I was kissing Mark." I shrugged, trying to show Liam that I was actually with Mark again.

"Urgh, you two are such idiots! Don't you see? Urgh!" Eleanor shouted, "You're so annoying! I give up, I'm leaving, okay? You two sort this out for yourselves. I love you both but this is way too confusing and messed up." She stated, leaving.

Perrie nodded, "Me too, guys." As she went to follow Eleanor she turned, "Please don't fuck this up, okay? Oh, and just to get the ball rolling... Reese, Liam is in love with you."