Chapter 2 Living in the Past

So it turns out that my mother didn't take it as serious as I thought it would have been.

I just couldn't go out for a week which was good for me since I have detention Saturday and no one does anything on Sundays.

I go to sleep peacefully not thinking about today's encounters with Zayn.

I wake up screaming the next morning.

I dreamt that Zayn led me under the bridge and brutally killed me with a brick. Perfect way to start my day.

I go take a long warm shower singing along to The Scientist by Coldplay.

My mom goes to work the same time I go to school so I get rides in the mornings.

The sun is already shining as I enter the school and go to our spot. Sadly no one is there so I just check Facebook and logoff since it kills my phone battery. Liam arrives and tells me that everyone else gets here last minute so it's always gonna be just me and him in the mornings.

'So what do you wanna talk about morning buddy?' Liam asked as we walked back to our spot from getting breakfast.

'Umm actually yes I do. You know that Zayn guy right?' I ask.

'Yeah why?'

'Well like has something happened to him or something?'

'What makes you say that?'

I tell him the whole story on what happened yesterday in class and after school.

'That's very interesting that Zayn actually talked to someone,' Liam said biting into his Donut.

'Really why?' I curiously ask

'Ok here's the story, well Zayn went through this huge problem in 8th grade when he found out he was adopted. His real parents had left him as a baby to foster care so he didn't really know until he was informed that his real parents were on a car collision in the beginning of 8th grade. That year was horrid for him. He didn't talk to anyone , he just got his work over with, went home, cry all night and do it all over again. He met Perrie, his girlfriend during the summer and I guess he fell in love and yeah that's what happened.'

'How do you know all this Liam?' I ask.

'Well I used to be Zayn's best-friend until summer where he told me he didn't want to talk to me.'

'Oh,' I reply silently.

The bell rings and Liam and I go our separate ways. I walk to class just wondering how hurt Zayn must have been and how much pain he is in right now. I walk inside the class and wait for Niall.

'Hey Mate!'

I look up from grabbing my binder from my backpack and laugh at the fact that Niall is holding a bag of McDonalds.

Everyone soon suddenly gets hungry and starts asking for some but Niall just stuffs it into his backpack and screams,' Hell No!'

First and Second period came by fast. During break I saw something very interesting. Zayn was at the corner of the school which was behind my second period class smoking a cigarette. I didn't say anything but he noticed me not giving any interest towards it.

Third came up and was pretty interesting since we had to do a group activity which was fun since I actually 'knew' my group. We had to just write definitions of vocabulary words for the whole period so we got over with it quickly so we could spend the rest of it chatting.

'So Liam how is Football?' Gisell asked .

'Well it's been great. Just bonding with the team.' Liam replies.