Chapter 38 Summer Drama

Background Music: All I Want by Kodaline

NATHAN'S POV

Summer had started and I had nothing to do.... No one to talk to. Not even Zayn. The reason...... Everything just disappeared.... Poof..... Gone. His facebook, his Skype, his phone number, his Kik, his instagram... EVERYTHING JUST GONE! I called Perrie but nothing. Everything from her just disappeared also. I even called his parents but they changed the house number also. What the hell happened. My mother even asked me why no one ever came over or anything.

'Is something going on that I should know about or that I could help you out?' My mother asked me one night.

'No Mom.... nothing to worry about.. They're just on vacation with their family... that's all.' I say.

'And what about Zayn? Want me to book you a flight so you go hang out with him?'

'No Mom. Thanks anyway. I'm just staying away from everyone for a little while. Everyone needs a break once in a while right' I say

'Alright then. Oh and the kids and you're cousin Melani are going to Disneyland in two days... Want to go?' She asks me.

'No, I'm good. I'm actually thinking about going to school to get my work permit so I actually do something this summer. I missed a whole year of summer so I have to make it up.' I reply.

'Don't bring that up love, I still have nightmares that I could of lost you. I mean look at Cher, may she rest in peace.' My mother rudely reminds me.

'Mom.. please can you not bring that up. Please. That's all I'm asking.'

My mother nods and exits the room. I plug in my earbuds and fall asleep listening to Pandora.

I am awoken by my alarm for school. I forgot to turn it off since school is over. I decide to get up and take a long warm shower. Once I'm done. I go to school to get my work permit. I walk it to waste time since I literally have nothing to do. As I walk, I see a guy with blonde hair laughing their ass off walking with another guy but he had normal brown hair walking. Most likely they were going to summer school because they had their backpacks on.

As I got closer, I realized who the pair were. Josh and Niall. I would expect Josh going to summer school but Niall? He's a fucking smart leprechaun. I decided to not be spotted by them and let them enjoy their time. I wonder how Josh got through his break-up with Chinny so quickly. I walked a different path to the school.

I entered the office and asked for a work permit. They asked a bunch of my information and then went to the back of the office to get the permit. While I waited, someone else came into the room. Liam.

I stopped walking once he saw me. He gave me this stern look like he hated me so much for something I didn't even do.

'Liam, hear me out alright?' I start to say.

'There is nothing to hear out about you Nate. You messed up big time and you splattered all of us with that mess and nothing hurts more than knowing that not only you stabbed all of us in the back, but Zayn too. He was more precious to us than you because of all he went through. He never got to meet his parents or sisters yet we tried to be there for him and he does this! How the hell are we all supposed to react to that Nathan?! How?!' Liam yells.

'What in the world is going on here?' The lady that went to go get my permit says as she comes back.

'Nothing m'am... Nothing.' Liam says wiping a tear away and bursting out the door. He didn't even let me explain anything. I grabbed my permit and walked out angered. Angered because a fucking fake recording of Zayn and I ruined our friendship with everyone. Why is everything so complicated?