𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟐 - 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒆𝒔

Saying goodbye to Mal and Alina was one of the hardest things Aurora had to do

Saying goodbye to Mal and Alina was one of the hardest things Aurora had to do. Before she didn't get the chance, she knew what was installed for her. She invited them for the winter ball, hoping that they would make the trip.

But Aleksander had done a good job distracting her, his attempts to 'woo' her were ridiculously romantic. Aurora was almost concerned about the man he had become. Every time they would cross paths in the Palace, he would offer to take her for a quick walk. This quick 'walk' consisted of finding the nearest outcove and kissing her until she forgot to breathe.

That and giving her the Queen's quarters, that shared a room connecting it to the King's chambers. While she ended up in his bed every night anyway, it was nice to have her own room during the day. She never got her own room in the Little Palace, but sharing with Aleksander did have its perks.

One of them being that he seemed to grow dependent on her. So much so that one night she had fallen asleep reading on her bed, Aleksander curious as to why Aurora was not in her bed came into her room.

Aurora woke up the next morning in Aleksanders arms, but in her chambers, not his. When she questioned him, she found out with that cute little blush adorning his face that he 'couldn't sleep without her'.

They were currently eating in their shared room, enjoying the breakfast fit for a King and his Queen, even if she didn't officially hold that title yet. Most had come to accept that she was their Queen, all the Grisha knew of their relationship to some extent.

Some viewed them as equals, light and dark. Others as lovers or ex-lovers reunited. Some viewed Aurora as a little pet, following their King's every order.

How little they knew.

Truth be told if anyone was following someone around it was Aleksander. He had had Aurora back for two months now, he had been King for one month. He needed a Queen, but most importantly he wanted to call Aurora his.

Not just to stop the lingering gazes of the other inhabits of the Palace, while they would never try anything knowing how he felt about her. He did like the idea of having a ring on her finger and a crown on her head.

But most of all he wanted her to be his equal in every sense of the word. She was his equal, possibly better than him, but he wanted everyone else to see that. Together they would be unstoppable. The most powerful couple to ever exist.

Together they had rebuilt Narnia, even if it took longer, they had time. All the time in the world to do whatever they want with the fold. Help Shun Han and Fjedan, or destroy them. Whatever his sun wanted.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aurora wanted him, his 'wooing' or whatever he called it worked. To be honest she just wanted to see if he would try. If he still loved her like he used to. Their love was different, it had centuries to change. It didn't.

It didn't change when he brought her wildflowers he picked from himself, it didn't change when he picked one of the Palace gardens to be converted into a flower field, it didn't change when he took her into the markets to try to find tea like her old favourite from Narnia. It definitely didn't change when he taught her dances, just her and him, alone in a ballroom, no music, just the beating of their old hearts guiding their steps.

So she said yes.

Well, she stormed into his office, in her robe. In only her robe after a bath. "I'll be your Queen, but ask me again and I'll say yes".

So when the flowers started blooming in her field, only to find those yellow ones had been strategically placed in the shape of a sun, and Aleksander got down on one knee, fullying all of her requests. She really couldn't help scream yes jump onto him

As they rolled down, between the wildflowers, Aleksander couldn't help but think it was worth it. All the years, centuries alone. All the near tears about oranges or seeing kids steal coins from water fountains, he felt it was all worth it.

To have her in his arms, her hair a golden halo around her head, the rogue flower petals fell on the floor seeping through into her hair. He couldn't think of a prettier sight.

And so the Moon King and his Sun Queen bathed in joy as the spiteful water watched in pain.