𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟑𝟏 - 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Aurora was angry

Aurora was angry.

All-day she had been busy at the Little Palace, she was too busy to have breakfast and she had rushed to make it to dinner. But she was too tired and had decided to crash into bed with Aleksander.

When she woke up to an empty bed with a hand around her mouth she knew things were not good. As the Fjderans punched her for her disobedience and tied her to a stake, things were bad.

But when they forced some liquid down her throat that's when she knew things were royally fucked.

And while she was still able to have a constituent though she remembered not waking up with any blood. She could be late, but she never was. The only good thing was that they had punched seemingly everywhere but her stomach. That didn't mean whatever drug they stuffed down her throat wasn't already killing her or the possible baby.

But right now she was tired, so tired. She could feel the connection with Aleksander. She tried to find him with her eyes. But all she could focus on was the gold detailing of the throne room.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aleksander needed to think, he had passed through many halls, all seemingly packed with Fjderans. Guards were being held at gunpoint, cowering on the ground. He was definitely going to upgrade security around here after slaughtering every Fjderan.

Seeing his wife, so broken and unlike her normal spirited self broke him. Even when she was taken back to Narnia she was shaken up but still had her spirit. This Aurora was broken.

As he made his way through the ancient tunnels connecting the city, it would risk the city's safety if anyone found these but only someone here, when they were built, could remember and have a record of them.

He needed to find the throne room tunnel, there were so many twists and turns. He tried mapping out the Palace in his head. It took him way more time than he liked to admit to finding the tunnel.

The tunnel leads straight to behind the thrones. As he climbed from the tunnel and into the throne room, covering himself in shadows he almost faltered when he saw Aurora. The pile of wood was being thrown around her, as one hit her stomach Aleksadner revealed himself.

He sent shadows to every Fjderan in the room, squeezing the life out of them. He wanted to rupture every last pain receptor but he didn't have time for that. He needed to find his sun.

As shadows spread throughout the Palace, everyone began to remember why the Darkling was feared. Grisha, servants, guards, Lords and Ladies alike all see the Fjderans keeping their posture have the life drained out of them from hands made from the darkness.

But the real pain came from Genya. Her scream of pure pain echoed around the Palace. She was the only Grisha in the throne room. The only other Grisha able to see what had happened to the sun summoner.

The sun summoner, Aurora Morozoa, her best friend, layed bruised, bleeding and out cold. Was she dead?

Aleksanders heart stopped at the thought, but he felt blood flow again when he released the connection was still there, different but still there, along with a new faint line.

Seeing the King crumble to the ground in front of his Queen would be retold to Genya's children. One that would write a book about their Sankta saint and her Moon King. The painting he would create would go in the history books, taught at schools and used as records.

Seeing the King rush his Queen into the healers, no laughing or blushing like last time, no reminiscing or inside jokes about what happened last time. Only the sound of healers, working desperate to find out the drug.

Watching as life slowly drained out his wife, his sun. The woman that has chased his thoughts for centuries, the woman he finally got after all these years. He knew he didn't deserve her after his actions, was this retribution? Was she dying for his sins?

Saints should've known that life wasn't worth living without Aurora by his side. Saints should've known that the dark can't be without the light.