𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟗 - 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒏

Aurora won the bet

Aurora won the bet.

Baghra was not happy

And Aleksander was confused

He was confused as to why his mother had left her hut and was having tea in the gardens with Aurora. But after all, Aurora had kept on complaining about how little sunlight he and his mother get, she didn't appreciate his 'but you're all the sunlight I need' flirting. Aleksander might need to invest in some new books for his personal library to keep up with this century's courting.

He was positive that if Aurora wasn't already in love with him he would have completely failed at courting her. He had spent the last few centuries in the dark, literally. His obsession with power and protecting Grisha, and his heart never strayed from Aurora. He didn't need to know how to court.

Aurora had spent her centuries reading books about romances, watching people fall in love brought her heart joy. She was still head-over-heels, soulmates, centuries lasting in love with Aleksander but the man seemed to grow out every romantic bone in his body. So all she needed to do was break those bones and hope, or force some new romantic bones in her body.

She did not wait centuries to get compared to a beetle, which was one of Aleksander's latest 'romantic compliments'. Aurora and Baghra almost cried from how lost the man was. A Lady, let alone a Queen should never be compared to a beetle, no matter the circumstances.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aurora and Aleksander had been dodging questions about their past all month. The only official announcement was that they rule two different realms. Luckily Aleksander had the power of a dictator who everyone was extremely afraid of, so no one asked too many questions.

That didn't stop Alina who was the only one who knew the truth, mainly from stories. That did, unfortunately, mean for Aleksander that she knew everything about his life as Caspian. Including the time he thought that Aurora was dying a few weeks into marriage because they woke up in a pile of blood. Alina actually had the guts to tease him about that, the two were slowly becoming somewhat amicable with each other.

Alina couldn't really blame Aurora for falling in love with a hot king who was also head over heels for her. And then being separated for centuries only to find out he's the most powerful Grisha and you're his only equal.

She never thought of the Darkling as a man who freaked out when his wife got a period or when they all had a piece and a butterfly landed on his sandwich, which he made Aurora cut 'because she's the only one who can do it probably'.

In conclusion, she thought the Darkling was this big, scary, barely human creation. He was still kinda big and scary, but it's hard to be scared of someone who is terrified by butterflies and looked like he was going to cry when Baghra hit him with her cane.

Alina, Mal, Baghra and Aurora were the only ones to see this version of Aleksander, others like Ivan may have seen snippets but never the real him. Only Aurora had seen that. But Aleksander could understand why Aurora enjoyed the Mapmaker and Tracker so much. They were ok in his eyes, but more importantly, they made his sun happy, and that's all he needed to be happy.