𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟎 - 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 & 𝒔𝒖𝒏 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍

The army camp at Kribisk was bustling with movement, the First Army and Second army seemed to put aside their differences and work together

After all, everyone wanted the fold to be gone, little did they know that getting completely rid of the fold was not the new King's plan.

Aurora had spent significant time catching up with her best friends. And after her little stunt in the tent, the new couple was on a high.

In the honeymoon phase, she had walked in on a sight she did not wish to see to the people she considered siblings to her. But then again she and Aleksander were permanently on a honeymoon phase, one Ivan had interrupted multiple times.

The man needed to learn how to knock.

They always got carried away in their passion and forgot to lock doors.

Spirits were high in the camp. Alina and Mal were worried that she couldn't handle it, and were fussing over her like parents. Little did they know she was cenetries of years old.

As they prepared to board the skiff she and Aleksander moved to hold hands. The people watched as the two most powerful Grisha alive boarded the skiff, not a hint of fear on their faces.

As the skiff moved into the fold, Mal and Alina watched from the army base, praying to all saints that nothing would go wrong.

An hour passed, people were beginning to get fidgety, no one really knew how long tearing down the fold would take.

What they did not expect an hour and a half it was to see a giant crack in the fold. Normal land, the fold had not been destroyed, just split in two with a gap.

The reactions were immediate, confusion and outrage being the main two.

Some brave people even attempted to start walking the gap. The screeches of the volcra were still heard. Bodies of scorched volcra laid across the gap.

Some were on their knees thanking the sun summoner.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Mal and Alina turned to each other in confusion, surely Aurora would have told them if this was what she planned. She would want to get rid of the fold right?

She and the Darkling seemed close, he hung around her like a watchful predator, protecting its prey from others. But even Alina noticed the since look in his eyes when gazing at her friend.

Alina had seen her friend make jokes and tease the Darkling. The Darkling, Ravka's new King.

But he did not kill her, instead let his lips quirk up if he was holding back a smile.

When Alina and Mal had left Aurora and the Darkling's tent, they instantly began talking about the tension between the two.

It had only been a month, surely their friend hadn't fallen in love with the King, let alone in a month. Even if she had, they never thought the King would fall for her.

No matter how amazing their friend as they had heard the stories from Grisha, the emotionless man. Mal and Alina were concerned, what if Aurora was being manipulated?

But the look in the King's eyes felt so real. In the time they had been in their tent they had seen, his eyes seemed to subconsciously light up when they grazed on her.

Alina was and always had been a hopeless romantic, one of the things that she and Aurora had bonded over was the few romance books that the training ground library held.

That's where they had met. And one of the nights Alina had felt homesick, Aurora had told her an interesting story.

A story of the sun and moon, in a faraway land. Narina. She talked of trees that moved, mermaids, evil sea mists. The moon king ironically lightened up the sun girl's life. She told her stories of this land, a land where there were endless fields of flowers to run in. She talked of sword fights and talking mice. Minators and Kings and Queens of Old.

Aurora always had this faraway look on her face when she told Alina these stories.

Alina told Mal "They kind of remind me of the sun and moon. Just like the Moon king and Sun girl from her story."