𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟑 - 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒍𝒚

News of the new Royal and soon to be Royal couple spread throughout the nation of Ravka

News of the new Royal and soon to be Royal couple spread throughout the nation of Ravka. Some were outraged at the two most powerful Grisha in control now, others were happy that light was balancing the dark.

And then the news of the Palace being redecorated, materials doing everything. Ravka had never had a Palace made from Grisha. But times were changing.

Aurora had never been so busy, it seemed that like in Narnia, royal weddings were a big thing. Alina and Mal, much to Aleksanders distaste, were Aurora's only personal guests. She wasn't fortunate enough to have parents in this world, nor ones that lasted centuries like Baghra.

But Baghra herself offered or demanded to walk Aurora down the aisle. She had taken her under her wing, helped her expand her powers and tell her embarrassing stories of Aleksander.

Aleksander liked to see them bonding, but not so much when it resulted in Aurora telling all Grisha under his command in the dining hall that he was scared of moths and butterflies. He didn't know which Grisha or if it was Aurora, but when he woke up the next morning with a butterfly on his face, he almost performed the cut.

But with the planning or the wedding and their official coronation ceremony, he didn't have time to investigate the 'disgusting, lack of respect, I am a King for fucks sake, not scared Aurora of a stupid creature with wings and creepy legs and eyes' incident as it had been dubbed by Aurora.

Aurora didn't know that there could be so many types of plates, napkins and flowers to choose from. Aleksander had been put in charge of planning, but that man and his aesthetic would always happen to drop by and change a few things. Resulting in quite a few black accessories and oranges being involved in the centrepieces.

During all of this Aurora had become quite good friends with the new tailor named Genya, now that the Queen had fled she was free to be a Grisha with a coloured kefta.

After Aurora found out what happened she proceeded to scream at Aleksander and made him apologize to Genya and start his retribution to her. Including a new red kefta with gold embroidery.

Her 'walks' with Aleksander had also become much more frequent and passionate, which she didn't think was possible. They could be taking over the war room table then she was on the table, hands in his silk hair.

But other things were happening to her every since the fold. Everyone was grateful for what she did and simply thought that was it, or she needed more time. Both were somewhat correct.

A few nights ago, the moon was high and shadows graced the Palace walls, and while Aurora was walking she felt the shadows bend to her will. But she dismissed it as a trick on her mind. All the wedding planning must've taken a toll on her body.

But the power she felt was like when she summoned light.

While Aurora had pushed the thought back, it came to the surface when she and Aleksander were making the way back to their chambers.

And Aleksander noticed the shadows following him as usual, but they weren't just following him. He had felt the change since Aurora absorbed some of the fold to create the path, but he just assumed that it was her body recovering.

That's when he stopped and watched the shadows, Aurora always had a faint glow surrounding her, since she was summoning her powers so much.

But now it seemed the shadows liked her light, guarding her against his shadows. They weren't his shadows, but instead a seemingly the moonlight.

Twilight energy, maybe Aurora wasn't just a sun summoner?