4. Trouble in Paradise

Love is a beautiful word and an amazing feeling when your heart is filled with it. Skipping contently with this newfound feelings for this person she admires the most, Sivaangi felt like it was the happiest point in her life. Lost in thoughts about Ashwin, she was going to walk into Pavi's room instead of hers. She heard the three beautiful women discuss Ashwin and her. She was going to burst into the room and join the conversation when Daksha's words stopped her in her tracks.

D: What does he see in her? I don't understand why he looks smitten with this girl. What am I missing?

R: Exactly my point. She is young and talented, but she is too ordinary for a person like Ashwin. He is surely going to make it big in the industry soon. She will look like a misfit in his life amidst all the glitz and glamour.

P: Hmm, I don't really know what's going on between them. I have never understood Ashwin from the little time I have spent with him in the sets of 3 scenes. He kept to himself most of the time. I have tried to make friends with him but he has never shown any interest. It completely put me off after a point. I mean, I did not have any romantic interest in him. Just tried to be friends considering we will cross paths later in life with both of us being aspiring actors. But sorry to say, he is weird!

R: He seems like a complete package when you watch him from outside. Truth is he is so distant and raises doubts if its worth the effort to try and talk to him. But it's an unsettling feeling that this simple girl with her annoying voice and ways has managed to make him dance to her tunes.

P: Well, I do find Sivaangi innocent and cute. But initially, I was wondering what the hype was about this girl. She is so plain and could easily go unnoticed. In fact she could come across as irritating with that squeaky speaking voice. But you cant deny that she is blessed with this mesmerising singing voice. And she is genuine and means well to everyone. And Ashwin with his boring introvert persona probably likes her simplicity. I don't care to be honest! He is not in my interests at all!

A long pause and Pavi looked at an unhappy Daksha.

P: Enna aachu da? En ivlo yosikara?

D: Illa da, naan Ashwin kuda act pannapo neraya try pannen. His attitude was very insulting. But I decided that his good looks and manners, his well settled family would make him a potential groom for me to settle in life, so I put up with his humiliating behaviour and kept trying to get closer. And when I got a call for this show, I accepted immediately only under the impression that I still had a chance with him. But in comes this girl and walks away with the prize! I don't think he is going to be happy with her on a long run.

The other two women hummed in agreement. Daksha was still ranting.

D: When I tried pinching his cheeks for my vlog, he literally pushed my hands away. But why does he let her touch him like she owns him!? Arggh!! But I really hope he gets over this infatuation over the silly girl who is basically fangirling over his good looks. Actually, do you remember that rumour from 2 weeks ago about him and his co-star Tanu? This is inevitable! A classy and stylish person like Ashwin will never be happy with this simple girl who looks like a tomboy with her less ladylike aura. Look at that stunning woman Tanu! Honestly I was quiet jealous when I got to know about this movie offer! A movie with Tanisha, wife of THE Martin Hughes! I heard she is going through a divorce and this whole thing about the hotel staff witnessing Ashwin walk out of her hotel suite in the morning makes it sound fishy, there must be a connection, don't you think so?

Pavi and Rithu did not believe in any of the rumours on a stupid magazine. But they did not want to say anything to their friend who was letting her jealousy take over her senses right now. The failure to make an impression on the gentleman in question has started troubling her peace of mind and she is making wrong judgements about people. Pavi made a mental note to speak to her when she was calmer.