28. Blessing or a mistake?

Hi all! 

I wrote this in less than 3 hours. Don't really have high hopes! But a thought suddenly crossed my mind and I tried to do a quick write up based on it. Also, I watched a cover song by Nivas and Sivaangi and then I listened to this guy, he sounds amazing doesn't he? So I included his character in this chapter. Hope you all enjoy this chapter x

Sivaangi was half way through her second dessert when she saw from the corner of her eyes that Nivas was watching her with a ridiculous grin on his face. She was really annoyed.

Ashwin has been away for 10 days now and she missed him really bad, so she has been refusing to eat healthy. She has been binge eating in the name of being stressed, followed by throwing up all the food she overeats. He has tried everything from getting her parents to keep her company, to making his mum fly in to cook for her, but she was still sulking and secretly eating junk. She has been sick the last few days and she was slowly starting to be worried about her health. Now sitting at the recording studio, with a new brother figure in this singer, she was feasting on a slice of custard tart.

S: Nivas anna, sirikatheenga!

N: Illa da. Size la kutty ah iruka aana evlo sapidara.

She pouted and started whining.

S: Kannu vaikaatheenga.

N: Cha illa. But irunthaalum, nee intha sugar intake ah konjam koraikannum da.

S: Theiryum na. Aiyoo.. Ennaku already bloated ah feel aaguthu. Ennaku pothum, intha tart vendam.

N: Sivaangi, dessert ah vachitu, intha pizzava sapidu ma.

S: Illa na. Ennaku vendaam. For some reason, it looks unappetising.

N: Sivaangi ku pizza pudikalaya? Enna oru aachiryam!

S: Therila anna. 

N: Seri vidu, first wedding anniversary ku enna pannuneenga?

S: We spent a week in Mauritius. Super ah irunthuchu.

N: Sounds nice! Did you have a good time?

S: Of course, we did. But Ashwin had to leave to Darjeeling a week after we came back to finish the remaining portions of his next movie..

Nivas could see that she was missing Ashwin, he tried to make her feel better with her favourite cake and some jokes but he noticed that she looked fatigued, so he sent her home with the driver and texted Ashwin to get her checked. She reached home at 3 pm, after being stuck in the traffic for over an hour and was surprised to find Ashwin home. She immediately pounced on him, nearly knocking him down.

A: Kanamma, yen azhara?

S: Therila ma. Romba low ah iruku. Nee illama romba lonely ah irunduchu. Ithuku minnadi ivlo miss pannunathu illa. Enno ippo romba different ah iruku aana ethunaalanu purila.

A: Shhh! It's okay, I am here now. Relax.

He just stood there holding her close while she felt a deeper sense of security in his arms. He was her home and he always had this calming vibe about him.

A: Sivaangi ma, Nivas texted me. Are you feeling okay? Should we call for the doctor?

S: I am okay now. I was stressed earlier, but I know I will be fine now that you are with me.

A: I know! Nee sapitaya?

S: Cake sapiten.

A: Seri vaa, I was waiting to eat with you.