13. Insanely addicted

Sivaangi was sulking for the last hour and Ashwin couldn't help but smile at that pout which was permanently plastered on her face for a while now.

A: Stop it if you don't want a repeat of what happened in the bedroom. Your pout looks really tempting.

S: Pogatha Ashwiney! Please.. Inniku mattum than..

(Don't go Ashwiney! Please.. Stay the night..)

A: Ma, nammaku nallikum ithe thaan thonum. Let us not put our parents in sticky situations like these. I will come and meet you tomorrow. I promise! No excuses.

(We will feel the same way tomorrow. Let us not put our parents in sticky situations like these. I will come and meet you tomorrow. I promise! No excuses)

S: Ennaku alugayaa varuthu..

(I feel like crying...)

A: Blackmail panaatha ma..

(Don't blackmail me.)

S: Blackmail ah? En emotions unnaku blackmail maathri irukaa?

(You call my emotions blackmail? )

A: Please Sivaangi.. Don't make it difficult. I don't want your parents to think that I am taking advantage of their 20 year old daughter's new found emotions. And I am sure you wouldn't be happy if my parents are disappointed in me right?

Sivaangi wasn't convinced but she knew that he had made up his mind. She moved to the far end of the sofa and turned her face the other way. Ashwin sighed and turned to look if the elders were still in the pooja room getting the kumkum and saying their byes. Making sure that no one was around he moved closer and pulled her onto his lap, he then lifted her face by her chin and saw her eyes brimmed with tears. He kissed her tears away and held her face up close to his and made her look into his eyes.

A: Kannamma, unna vida ennaku than unna vitutu porathu kashtam. Ennaku nee illama, night thookam varumaanu kuda therila. Aana, namma appa amma kaaga konjam yosikanum. A few more months. We will be together all the time. Please don't be sad now.

(Darling, it is a lot more difficult for me to go back now. Without you by my side, I don't think I can even sleep tonight. But we have to do this for our parents. A few more months and we will be together all the time. Please don't be sad now.)

Sivaangi did not say anything but she just hugged him tight and nodded her head. He placed her back on the sofa and kissed her forehead.

Ashwin drove home with a heavy heart. Anjali noticed the myriad of emotions on her brother's face while he ignored his niece and nephew bombarding him with nonstop questions about when they can see their athai again. She was glad that she made her husband drive her parents using the excuse that the kids wanted to be in the same car as their mama.

Anjali: Achu, enna da aachu? Engagement ayiduchu, happy ah irukaratha vitutu, munji en ippadi etho love failure aana maara vachiruka?

(Achu, what happened? You are supposed to be happily engaged, why does your face look like you have been turned down?)

A: Therila Anju. Romba restless ah iruku, moochuvida kuda kashtam ah iruku. Manasla oru maara bayam, irukamaa iruku.

(Don't know Anju. Feeling restless, I find it hard to even breathe. I feel my chest tightening with some sort of fear)

Anju: Yen da vantha? Ava kuda ve iruka vendiyathu thaana. Amma appa kita naan pesirupen.

(Why are you coming home then? You should stayed back with her. I would have convinced amma and appa.)